Valiant wagon tailgate glass top window seal.

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Does anyone have a link or a line on a replacement seal for a 65 wagon top tailgate glass seal? I found cat whiskers for inner and outer glass on top of the tailgate. I need a seal for the glass when the tailgate is closed and the glass is up. The window channel ,if you will, around the roof line? I have a feeling it might be easier to capture a Unicorn than find this seal. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone. Does anyone have a link or a line on a replace seal for a 65 wagon top tailgate glass seal? I found cat whiskers for inner and outer glass on top of the tailgate. I need a seal for the glass when the tailgate is closed and the glass is up. The window channel ,if you will, around the roof line? I have a feeling it might be easier to capture a Unicorn than find this seal. Thanks in advance.
If you are wanting parts, you will need to start a parts wanted thread to follow the site rules. Thanks

I'd love to see that photo. I'm considering making my own for my 65 wagon and a photo would help lots.

I found cat whiskers for inner and outer glass on top of the tailgate.

And where did you get them?

I’m trying to source the rubber that’s installed where the glass is installed on the bottom bracket.

To answer your question, I “think” one if the Aussie companies reproduced or are contemplating doing so. I believe they call it a “bailey channel.

A member out in CA was selling a very nice used one so I snatched it up. My well-used one will be heading to another member in Switzerland

This is how my extra one looks like. It's a molded one piece weatherstrip moulding to be screwed to the body.

20210106_065619.jpg

20210106_065626.jpg

And where did you get them?

This is what I found Dartman.
Tailgate Window Weather Strip : suit AP5/AP6/VC Wagon (outer)

Tailgate Window Weather Strip : suit AP5/AP6/VC Wagon (inner)

They list bailey channel for the doors. I'm assuming they would work in the tailgate too.
Door Window Bailey Channel : suit AP5/AP6/VC (Sedan/Ute/Wagon)

Shipping is a little pricey but the exchange rate is in our favor for the time being. I'm putting together an order this weekend.

This is how my extra one looks like. It's a molded one piece weatherstrip moulding to be screwed to the body.
Too bad we can't get one to somebody who could re-create them. Looks like the bottom corners are missing on this one. Mine is missing the outside side pieces where the gap is on yours.

I just placed an order with Todd at Quiery Quality Design 814-505-6410 for all the tailgate seals except the upper glass (Bailey?) channel. Thanks to Richard @RPM440+6 for the info

I just placed an order with Todd at Quiery Quality Design 814-505-6410 for all the tailgate seals except the upper glass (Bailey?) channel. Thanks to Richard @RPM440+6 for the info
I just talked to Todd too. Thanks for the hook up. He was puzzled by 3 calls for A body wagon tailgate seals today.

I agree. But nobody ever expected wagons to last this long. They were family beaters. Drive till they die, go buy another one.

Update on the upper tailgate glass seal - Todd at Quiery Quality said they would look into the upper seal since I mentioned how many 65 Dart wagons were produced. By that number there could be a similar amount of 65 Valiants then take into account 63, 64 and 66 made (possibly 60-62 as well) and you have a sizeable amount of people who could be looking for this seal. We can only hope it comes to fruition!

-
Back