Valuation of NOS 1969 Barracuda fenders and Inner fenders

-

porsche911

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion I'll never achieve my goal of restoring a 1969 Barracuda.
I had good intentions of restoring my 340 Barracuda fastback in the late 70's, I even purchased thru a Chrysler dealership in my area a pair of NOS 1969 Barracuda fenders and a pair of NOS Inner fenders.
Then my plans were put on hold as I was building my first house.
After completing the construction of the house, I was encouraged to sell with the market being so hot in my area.
The house sold right away, now it was time to build another house.
Long story short, I decided to sell my 69 Barracuda, but keep the NOS parts I had just purchased with the hopes of buying a Barracuda in later years when I would have time to complete the project.
Times have changed in 30 plus years....my desire to drive thru twisting corners had my attention.
Yes, I jumped ship and made a 180 to the world of sports cars.
So, the burning question is ,what would be a fair price for these items today.
A quick search only found used and reproduction parts, no NOS.
Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Porsche911

Last edited:
I'll be the first to say if you have NOS parts, you have some special stuff. These fenders are getting tougher to find even in good condition, let alone NOS, and shipping kills us Canadians when trying to purchase out of the U.S.A. Pricing is tough but you can use this sites search function and see what good used ones are being priced at. That doesn't mean they are selling, but most often they do. I tried to get a set from down there but it became unrealistic once shipping across the border came into play.
I only hope some lucky Canuck can get these from you!

As it turns out I just met someone who thinks he might know somebody who might be interested.
I was just searching for some results to see what a fair price would be should he make an offer.

Thanks

Realistically your fenders are in the 1000 each range. Will you sell them here? NO! I have had people drive from Canada and have shipped to other countries for great fenders so don't sell them cheap. You definitely have unusual parts and you deserve a good price.

I thought I might add a few photos

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's funny you know. You don't think this stuff is out there, and there certainly isn't a lot of it, but a while back I found and purchased an NOS 68 Barracuda driver's side quarter panel. I'm not sure which would be harder to come by, but I sure wouldn't mind having these sitting beside it!

I lucked out a few years back for my 69 and found an NOS 1/4 panel as well George. Shipping was a $#@&^!!! and the panel wasnt cheap either lol

Yep lots of people have their cars on blocks. After you have welded,ground,filled beat spent hours trying to make old even close to new I have found it is cheaper and easier on your friends if you buy good parts. Buddy if I didn't already have three sets of 69's in great condition I would have these in a heartbeat! Good parts are out there but don't think they are cheap! Good luck with the sale!!!

After you sell Those, your gonna say to your self. How come I didn't buy a few pair's of those??? lol.

You might even want to contact AMD. They might pay you a fair dollar for those. I know a lot of us guys on here have called them about re-poping those fenders.

This!

Jeff
Hi Jeff

AMD is this the same as Auto Metal Direct.
I just googled AMD Mopar and came up with this result.
I can't figure out why they would be interested in my parts.
It appears they already sell reproduction fenders of this model

Hi Jeff

AMD is this the same as Auto Metal Direct.
I just googled AMD Mopar and came up with this result.
I can't figure out why they would be interested in my parts.
It appears they already sell reproduction fenders of this model
Yes. ..same company.
They might be interested in them for tooling and comparison reasons. ..?

Jeff

Actually, these 67-69 fenders are among the few styles they do not reproduce. This is the reason good used ones hold so much value. I think the suggestion is that they may like to have an NOS set to help if they ever start stamping them.

You could have made a fortune with me a few years ago!

Thanks for putting these up after restoring what I had. Way I see it see it you saved me $$$$$$

Fellas. One more offer to buy or talk about selling and this thread gets closed. This is not a "for sale" thread.

-
Back