Value of 73 Chally

-
It looks like a 72. Slotted bumpers for the jack and small bumper guards give it away.

These are the only 73 bumper guards I've seen. Off my old car.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 163
Really? Hmmm. This makes me really suspicious because the vin reads 73...

The VIN is more than likely correct. As you were told, the car was put together with three different ones.

It's an old saw in the later E-body crowd to go with tighter fitting bumpers and smaller guards. My '74 has huge guards on it that get eliminated by a lot of folks building them.

Yes rocco, I plan on buying the car for me (not looking to make a quick buck) and know it won't be worth a lot. My family is in the bodywork business, so that would be a little discounted, and if I get it the plan is a decent street bruiser. Not 'really nice' in a show car enthusiasts eye, but just a decent car that pleases me. 3k in suspension, 10k in drivetrain altogether, bodywork is an unknown (who knows what's under that paint) and most likely less than 5k in interior. What makes me happy is driving them.

With the cost of body work today you are one lucky guy.

Buy it rusted out junk is selling for $5k and up.

Brother, that is not rusted out, nor is the rusted out hole that is shown worthy of concern-in two & half days with the cure time, that would be fixed for minimal dollars. If you already had a welder, & a grinder-you would just need the Ospho ($20 gallon), 2K DTM epoxy primer (a pint's worth) and sand paper, (maybe some bondo to smooth out a nickel's thickness of imperfection-but doubt it).

I should have my butt kicked for buying only 2 of those wheels. May never find 2 more

I have four of these rims, the rear are huge-if you are interested.

These are the only 73 bumper guards I've seen. Off my old car.

Those do not look much different than on a 73-74 satellite.

$1500-$2500 without even questioning the buyer, or worrying about anything,no brainer. $3000-$5000 now you negotiate, some of the issues to lower the price. Anything more then you have to really evaluate your intentions with the car. If I was looking at that particular car and was told give me $1500 I would sprain my wrist reaching for my wallet and tweak my back pushing it home!!! Here is my car, what year do you deduce it is from the bumpers??

Attachments

• challenger.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 100
  • challenger3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 117
Did you buy it yet? 'cause otherwise I'll fly out, pay cash, pay to have it trailered to CA, and still come out ahead.

'72 or '73, either way doesn't really matter. That's a $5k car on eBay. If it were a '70/'71 it would be $8k or more.

Lol no I haven't bought it yet. Others have inquired about it as well, he has just yet to name an actual price on it. And I've yet to actually talk to the owner...

I'll let y'all know for sure either when I get a price, or when I'm informed it has sold. I'll see if I can contact the actual owner...

-
Back