Value of a '73 Duster 340

-

mdh157

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on what a fair price would be.......car has been sitting for abt 10 yrs but does not look to have too much rust. it's complete and i believe #'s matching 340/727 with 84K on the clock. Still has orig paint as well. needs a resto but excellent place to start, imo. I might look at it this weekend-going to talk to the owner tonight.

anyway, can anyone give me a basline w/o looking at the car? Any spec place to look for rust?

I need to pay attention to how this turns out, there is a 73 340 gold duster where I live that is sitting also but has quite a few rust issues.

I need to pay attention to how this turns out, there is a 73 340 gold duster where I live that is sitting also but has quite a few rust issues.

If you persue this be careful of what you pay for this car. While it may have a 340 in it now, I don't believe the "Gold Duster" package was factory built with a 340 option. Gold Dusters were primarily equipped with either a 225 /6 or a 318. I could be wrong on this and it will take someone else chiming in with a bit more knowledge, but I believe this is the case.

yes, as a matter-of-fact it is that car........nice to see a bigger pic of it. I assume that pic came from the owner?

i don't supp you have any more info than what was listed in the ad?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that stripe does not look correct for a '73?

yes, as a matter-of-fact it is that car........nice to see a bigger pic of it. I assume that pic came from the owner?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that stripe does not look correct for a '73?

thats a 71-72 stripe....butt you know some early production cars had previous year pieces,never seen a stripe tho.......cool car. every factory73 340 duster ive had also had bumperettes that were all rubber,no chrome base.

Bought a 73 340 Duster back in 2004 from son of original owner, car had been parked in garage and last registered in Kalifornia in 1992.

Attachments

• i11650.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 141

This car was listed for sale on here several months ago and in your area but supposedly was sold at that time.I'd assume that the person who has it now bought it from here at that time.

I remember a few details about the car that were unusual.First,the car was originally lemon twist yellow but was painted the current color really early in its life,maybe even when new,as the second owner bought the car in the mid 70's and it was already that color when she bought it.

The second owner parked it in a barn at some point in the 80's or early 90's until it was bought from her and put up for sale here on FABO.
I have a two other pics of the car so I'll attach them.

Attachments

• **** 061 (Large).jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 120
  • **** 068 (Large).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 115
this doesn't sound good.......usually when someone buys a car and sells it shortly after they are flipping it and the price is too high for what they have.

That would, however, explain the incorrect stripe on the car....prob what the dealer had in stock a the time the car was repainted.

^^^^^^^ there you go. i am sure it is priced like barret jackson club.

now, do not get me wrong, i flip cars too. but i have a awseome car that started as a hulk of a roller, now is a stout 340-4 speed, turn key-ready to go. i am asking 8 grand for the car. but. whe i read in a listing "barn find", it just tells me to not even wiat for the pics to load.lol

well, it's sold......guy just took a deposit on it abt an hour ago.
I need to stop wasting time with cars....either cannot find anything near me or when i do i get beat by someone else every time. I need to just put this $$ in a CD and at least get a few bucks interest on it, because it certainly isn't doing any good sitting here. I live in carlisle and still can't find a car!!!!!!!!!!

thats is the worst place to buy one.lmao

i went to carlisle a few years ago, and soon as we pulled out of one of the gates, at a mopar meet. right across the street, ther is a house, and he had a couple of mopars out there for sale. like a 74 duster. decent driver. wanted like 13k for the car!. haaaaaaa.lol

I GOT A NICE CAR FOR YA. 8 G'S. FLY IN DRIVE HOME. ALREADY DONE.

while it is not a true 340 4 speed, it is a 72 twister, so it does still hold a rare value, more than a regular one

-
Back