Value of Slant Six Car

-
abodyjoe said:
ummmm.. yours is a 2 door rag top... big difference between that and a rusty 4 door.

True. :)
But they were saying the same thing about my /6 rust bucket vert when I bought it.

That Scamp is gorgeous.

Hey to all.... I've got an original paint 1973 Dart Sport Slant 6 car (bought it in 2004). I added a set of aftermarket wheels the first day, factory hood scoop and dual exhaust. I miss the performance of a V-8 so I will swap it out in the future but for now...it remains....... 1/2 a Viper!!!!!!

3437174-100_0554.jpg

1962Edison said:
Hey to all.... I've got an original paint 1973 Dart Sport Slant 6 car (bought it in 2004). I added a set of aftermarket wheels the first day, factory hood scoop and dual exhaust. I miss the performance of a V-8 so I will swap it out in the future but for now...it remains....... 1/2 a Viper!!!!!!

3437174-100_0554.jpg

good looking car.

abodyjoe said:
ok here ya go.. its a local guy that restored his grandmothers slant six scamp..

P1010256.JPG

I like to see cars like that restored, but its a 2 door. I cant ever see the value of a 4 door slant six car being worth putting money in to.

AdamR said:
I cant ever see the value of a 4 door slant six car being worth putting money in to.

why not? there are those of us who like 4 door cars. theyre very practical. some people are willing to make a pristine 4 door into a 2door and they`re at least a good donor car/source of parts! true the most valuable are 2 door hardtops, but theres definitely a place of esteem for the 4doors!
(i would own one!)

And lest we forget, the /6 is well regarded to be a reliable, long wearing, nearly indestructible powerplant that delivers excellent fuel mileage in an a-body. As I recall, the feather Duster had a highway rating in excess of 30mpg with the /6.

Without a doubt,one of the best motors ever built.

With the sales/dependability of cars with the slant 6 Chrysler had GM & Ford scratching there heads. :scratch:

I'm going to swap out the /6 in my Duster for a BB some day. The 73 is keeping it's /6 though, need something cool to drive that won't kill me on gas. I'd say the 4dr is worth about $400 without knowing the extent of the rust. I paid $300 for my 2dr 73, the frame is solid on it, however it has rust in the floors, 1/4's, rockers, around the rear glass, etc. I like it though.

it just depends on what its worth to you. i paid 2600 for my 75 slant six scamp. but i bought it because i dont see alot of them. i always thought it would be fun to build a 4 door sleeper to stomp on all the camaros and mustangs around here.

BERKLEY.JPG

I payed $200 for this thing 6 years ago. This warmed up /6 4-door is a lot of fun to drive gets reasonable milage. It has been my daily driver for most of the time I have owned it. Very practical since we have 4 children.

THAT...is awesome!!! when u have kids, they come before hot rod projects! so u have a very good dual purpose vehicle...cute, fun and practical.

Käkö said:
You are so wrong, which world are you living?

Slant six car ain't worth a much...?

Hah Hah...

You can send me every 200 dollar slant six which is moving with own engine and transmission and those eng/trans is in a Dart/Valiant...

I just refuse to sell my Dart with Slant Six in 15000 dollars...

Okey, it is not a project car but it is a Slant Six Dart...
A little late for my response, but I thought this issue was dead.Your comment was extremly rude and uncalled for, mine was factual and based on my own experience.We had a 99% concensus throughout this thread, to which most people agree with me about this issue. I cordially invite you to come over here to buy a few of mine, I have 4 cars in that condition..... take your pick, or buy one of my /6 cores for $100 each. (9 to choose from) I'll throw in the trannys for free. At Finnish prices, you could almost retire! We have probably 1000 times the /6 cars than you have over there in Finland, and that is the REAL WORLD that we North Americans live in . 15,000 dollars for your car? what a bloody joke you egotistical moron! Hah... Hah... Hah!!! You're probably just pissed off at us Canadians for beating your asses at the world hockey championships this year. In the future, get your facts straight before you open your mouth, that's the world I live in, Kako. Tom.

Dartnut said:
A little late for my response, but I thought this issue was dead.Your comment was extremly rude and uncalled for, mine was factual and based on my own experience.We had a 99% concensus throughout this thread, to which most people agree with me about this issue. I cordially invite you to come over here to buy a few of mine, I have 4 cars in that condition..... take your pick, or buy one of my /6 cores for $100 each. (9 to choose from) I'll throw in the trannys for free. At Finnish prices, you could almost retire! We have probably 1000 times the /6 cars than you have over there in Finland, and that is the REAL WORLD that we North Americans live in . 15,000 dollars for your car? what a bloody joke you egotistical moron! Hah... Hah... Hah!!! You're probably just pissed off at us Canadians for beating your asses at the world hockey championships this year. In the future, get your facts straight before you open your mouth, that's the world I live in, Kako. Tom.

Well, that offer still stands for my Dart, the buyer who's offerd that 15000 dollars said that he'll wait one more month and if i'm not selling he'll try to find a Dart somewhere else, it doesn't bother me if you belive it or not, don't care a less...
Fact is also that here in Finland has every price rised even an Dart and Valiants, 200 dollars is aproxx. 149 euros and that is a sum which goes when i go filled up my van to get a full tank of gasoline...
And in Finland these A-body cars has gone to the junkjards over the years so they are getting rare, allthough, i just sell most of my sparepart cars away nine of them...
And what is recarding for my answer, Don't know what pissed you up anyway, your answer ain't wiser ...
And for the first time somebody called me egotistical moron, thanks for that, i'll have to remember that!

Hockey is a fine game, and someday Finland can actually win when they get to the final game, don't know when but someday...

And if i really hurt your feelings, i'm sorry, that wasn't a meaning of my writing.

Apology accepted, thank you, kako. I do not run down anyone's car, or intend to be a know it all. i don't know the value of these cars in Finland and I guess we both got too sarcastic with one another about this, I drive a /6 '69 valiant daily, and have a fondness for /6 cars, most people overlook them because they are quite plentiful here. I love hockey, and do not mean to run down the Finnish players like I did, it was only meant in jest..... a friendly rivaly. as for your car, don't sell it if you can't replace it for the same money, I've done that before, and regretted it. Thanks for your response, and hope to see your future posts. Tom.

Just thought I'd weigh in. I picked up my 74 Dart, /6 2 door Swinger in awesome solid shape, running and driving, for $2700 CDN back when our dollar was worth 0.70 cents US. Sold the engine, trans and some other stuff I'm not using for the v-8 conversion and made about $400 back so I figure my purchase around $2300 CDN in 2004 dollars was pretty decent. Oh, and just what's wrong with the 73-up Abodies...? :toothy7:

I still prefer the little /6 in the early a-bodies just because my first car was a 66 valiant 100 with a /6 3 speed on the column. They fit so nicely in the small engine bay. I still own the car but I donated the engine to a buddy's 66 dart. That engine still runs awesome. I miss it sometimes.

In regards to the intial post. The 4 door really kills it for most people including me. $300-500 bucks sounds reasonable.

I totally agree with Dave, it's the 4 door part that drags it down not the /6. Somebody said they get pissed with people parting out perfectly good running cars, rest assured, mine may be running but it's far from perfectly good, it's one grumpy cop away from a full inspection notice at which point it would be off the road for good anyway :toothy7:

$300 to chrome a bumper in Alberta? Guess I'll be shipping mine to Alberta :thumbup:

:thumbup: Phone Alberta Plating at (403)-329-1991 in Lethbridge, Ab. They did a '71 duster front bumper for me a little while ago. Straightened and show chrome for $280+ gst. Nice job too. The bumper had no rust to fix or holes to fill. You would have to pay shipping and pst. as well in B.C.

-
Back