Value of this 71 Duster?

-

oldshack

Reaction score
I am just wondering FABO's opinion on this 1971 Duster. It is an original FJ6 duster. Slant Six car (not the original engine), It has been in the same family since 1973. Wears original paint, and everything works, even the windshield washer. It supposedly sat in a garage for 18 years of its life. It does have a little rust behind the the driver side rear wheel, and that is about it. Front seat lower needs reupholstered, and the rear seat looks as though it has never been sat in. The dashboard and headliner are great. I am just wondering what one would value such a car at? Thanks any advice is appreciated. Really love this forum, and I have learned a ton about the MOPAR world because of it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 358
  • 5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 6.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 353
  • 7.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 8.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 344
  • 9.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 342
depends on location but around here in the rust belt i would say 6 grand easy maybe more. and that just a guess without seeing it .

7-8K seems high for your area.

It would pull more if it was in that shape in a heavy rust belt area with good demand MI or PA or Canada. But still not sure about 7-8K.

Nice clean car but its a slant six..4-5k..

obviously the slant sixes are worth quite a bit less, however I feel that the 4-5k range is low, a 71 duster in this shape should be worth more than that shouldn't it? it seems like rollers in this shape go for more than that (obviously the slant six is worth basically nothing) this is just me wondering out loud, and really truly it does not matter just curious. :) thanks for all the input though!

What 71 Duster /6 rollers do you see actually selling for 4-5K ?? Asking and selling are two different things. And that's probably in rust belt areas back east.

I'm thinking between a 4.5K and 7K. details and how well it runs and drives and condition of suspension and wear item will determine.

Dash is cut for stereo, speakers in kick panels (thank god not door panels), 73 up radiator and overflow. It's not a 100% virgin survivor. But very clean. Hardly messed with. Seems a car that was/is being used.

What 71 Duster /6 rollers do you see actually selling for 4-5K ?? Asking and selling are two different things. And that's probably in rust belt areas back east.

I'm thinking between a 4.5K and 7K. details and how well it runs and drives and condition of suspension and wear item will determine.

Dash is cut for stereo, speakers in kick panels (thank god not door panels), 73 up radiator and overflow. It's not a 100% virgin survivor. But very clean. Hardly messed with. Seems a car that was/is being used.

I was happy that the speakers were not in the door panels as well. The slant six was replaced with a later model one as you have pointed out, and I know what you said is true what people are asking, as compared to what they sell for, is very different. Not a 100% survivor, but maybe like a 78-84% survivor :) I am just excited the windshield washer still works, pretty epic!

I was happy that the speakers were not in the door panels as well. The slant six was replaced with a later model one as you have pointed out, and I know what you said is true what people are asking, as compared to what they sell for, is very different. Not a 100% survivor, but maybe like a 78-84% survivor :) I am just excited the windshield washer still works, pretty epic!

so do you own it now? Or looking to buy it?

OWN IT NOW! Just bought it and I am excited, ok ok it is a slant 6 , but being a college student in the mopar world is not an easy task! haha

OWN IT NOW! Just bought it and I am excited, ok ok it is a slant 6 , but being a college student in the mopar world is not an easy task! haha

Well it's always speculation until and actual sale is made.

So, you know exactly what's it worth.

Lot's of people took the effort to give you predictions on what its worth.

So now take the effort to tell us what you paid for it?:

" comparable sales" are how we in the hobby keep up with the value of cars. basically the "mean" not average gives the answer too.

same way with appraising or knowing the value of real estate, momma cows, etc. that's why WE like to know what you paid, not trying to be noisy, just keep up with the real world value of these cars, whether buying or selling..

I'm guessing he paid $3500. Nice looking car. Needs front seats and students don't have much extra cash laying around so it's got to be a deal.

Lots of deals to be had out there. Have to be in the right place at the right time.

I would say it's worth around $5k up here but more if you held out for a long time.

What pretty much everyone said 4500 -7000 because its a 71 and that color! I like slants -under rated

-
Back