Valve Cover Fasteners

-

dch-65

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have a 318(stroked to 390) with Edelbrock Magnum heads and I'm looking for a source of black valve cover fasteners. I have read that they make black fasteners that have an allen head and that would be great if I could find them, if not hex head would work. I have found some at ARP with hex heads but they are .812 inch long versues the ones chrome ones that I have that are 1.0 inch long not sure if that makes much difference.
Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• motor assembled B.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 127
Well, as stupid as this sounds....try your local hardware stores shelfs for the part.
Black oxide bolts should be on the shelf at a place like "Ace hardware"

Most socket head cap screws come in a black finish (SS & brass also readily avail at most fastener houses). The black are similar in strength to grade 8 hex bolts. .812 whats that 13/16"? if you want the exact fit, flip open your phone book under fasteners or industrial supply, they stock them in bulk & usually when I walk in looking for 12 of this or that, they sample them out to me.

~Sae

McMaster-Carr

I get most of my non critical fasteners from them. They have black oxide 12 point flanged nuts and you can get black 1/4" studs in varying lengths. I think I got enough to do two sets of std LA heads for about $23

-
Back