Valve Cover Gasket question

-

djwhog

Reaction score
OK the stock basic Felpro sets come with the cork valve cover gaslets, I dont really like them. I have solid rockers and adjusments will happen from time to time.

So I do usally like the rubber style.Does anyone know which one works better? These parts numbers for a small block?

DCC-4452089 SBM Valve Cover Gaskets, Rubber,
DCC-5249581AB SBM VALVE COVER GSKT SET Rubber with steel core

thanks guys!

The cork gaskets aren't really reusable. If you have them you may as well use them the once.

I know, that is why I asked if anyone has used the rubber with the inner metal. I always use the standard rubber.

thank you!

You want the DCC-5249581AB ones. Steel core with rubber. I use them on my 360. No leaks, and I have reused them so many times I have lost count. The other ones are are really stiff, and may not be reusable at all. I have them as well, but have never put them on, they feel much stiffer than cork material. The steel core ones have a soft rubber material, and the steel core is what keeps them stiff. The rubber on them also has sort of a double seal on each side. Great design.

What Arron said. I use them all the time.

The rubber w/steel cores are definitely the best and my first choice but that's wrong about not being able to reuse cork gaskets. I have them on my car now and have had the covers on and off several times each side and no problem. I do silicone the gasket to the valve cover so it comes off with the cover. Also don't go gonzo crazy on prying them loose when taking them off if using the cork gaskets cause that'll pull the silicone loose.

thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered the still ones for the next adjustment.

-
Back