Valve covers, on motor and two I am working with.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Well, I have picked up three valve covers as of recent and already tossed two of them I bought cause they were junk! The crappy looking one I got about a week ago. I bought it sight unseen and was told it was decent. If this is considered decent I gotta tweak my search requests and ask for a REAL NICE one instead. All I am trying to do is get a straight undented valve cover that is not all scaled with rust and I have been having a time trying to get one. The one painted nice is in the color of the motor in my car now. The cruddy one was to be blasted and chromed but thats not gonna happen with this one. The one on the engine is one of them cheapo Ebay ones that will not be getting any use from me when the motor is done. The motor on the stand is rebuilt but needs paint and detail. The motor in the car is on its ay out for the rebuilt one. I have one of the Offy valve covers too but wanted a stocker in chrome instead. I am going to keep my search open for a good cover but I am through buying stuff I cant use. Sory about the whine, just a little discouraged at the moment!!
Chas.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 002.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 003.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 001.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 006.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 005.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 238
I can fix those crappy ones Chas and it won't cost you a fortune either. Call me if you want to go over details. (You could probably sell them and recoup most of your money, and maybe even make a little profit outright.)

Nope Frank. not one little bit of cleaning. Not trying to bring the guy out for a flogging but I would have NEVER shipped a part this way. No padding or protection of any kind. This cover smelled like DEATH. It smelled just like that stink you smell when you go to a low budget junkyard. The guy who delivered it said his truck stunk all day like that box. I got 'peppered' with pieces of the crud when I opened it. I was not a happy camper but I should have been a little better about getting pics of the part and better details on the condition prior to buying it so its my fault too. Oh well, lesson learned and something like this wont happen again. At least I hope not. Funny, the guy is decent and sells lots of stuff, I dont get it?
Leanna, What could I expect to pay (ballpark) to get the lite dents out of this and the scale to get a straight chrome cover? Could this even be done to this cruddy one? Seems to me it would cost more that the cover is worth and I cant see throwing tons of money into this aspect of the slant upgrade. I do have an offy cover from the group buy thats starting to look better as time passes. I just am not crazy about the lack of baffles and that PCV conversion thingy that was posted on this site awhile ago, thanks!!
Chas.

There is a thread here or on .org where a guy welded in his own baffles in the Offy cover. It looked like it was made that way as he did an excellent job. I did the conversion thingy but that was before I bought my mig. The baffles would have been a good excuse to get it set up for aluminium. LOL Heck who knows it still might be come valve adjustment cause a guy can never have too many tools.

-
Back