Valve covers Question

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Being new at this im a bit puzzled regarding Valve covers. I see ones with baffles and with out. I have a nice set with no baffles. Is this a problem? Do i need baffles..Help im Baffled LOL. Btw i have baaffled grommets.

most none baffled valve covers i have seen have screw holes to make or add them if you want . I have ran none baffled for years with no problem but a little oil around the breather after hard lode burst but that's my experience.

You want them you plan on havering a pcv valve hope so with out them you will pull oil.You can get the rubber grommet that has a small slit in it so you can run a pcv.ED hows the back,looks like I am joining your club,me back is sad and my left are is toast all on the left side,**** getting old sucksssssssssssssssss,starting to wonder If I will be able to keep my car.

Venting of the crankcase is a MUST and baffled covers help keep some of the oil mist and droplets inside the engine instead of coming out the vents.
I don't run a PCV because we don't have smog testing here and I hate running that crap back into my carb or intake, but I do have two 5/8 inch vents on the engine.
Both covers are baffled. as are my vent caps and it worked out really well.

yea ur engine will suck up and possibly need a top off with none baffled cus nothing stoping the oil from going right to it u can get the gromets they work great i havem on my m/t's with no baffles

I ran a PCV breather filter on a non-baffled valve cover and I'm here to tell you it's a terrible idea lol. Oil pumps right through the filter material and leaks onto the valve covers/headers.

I changed over to a solid PCV breather that is supposed to be vented back to the carb, but it's currently venting to atmosphere. I just need to run the line, but I don't want to risk pulling oil into the carb. I may pull the cover and install a baffle to reduce the risk before I connect the PCV line.

Regardless, I definitely recommend installing baffles if they're not there.

-Mike

You want them you plan on havering a pcv valve hope so with out them you will pull oil.You can get the rubber grommet that has a small slit in it so you can run a pcv.ED hows the back,looks like I am joining your club,me back is sad and my left are is toast all on the left side,**** getting old sucksssssssssssssssss,starting to wonder If I will be able to keep my car.
Don, My back is wishywashy. One good day 2 to 3 **** days. Went to Physio today. $80 just to say Hi and what can you do...WTF. Last 3 days have been hell. 4hours constant sleep thats it. TV sucks late at nite early morning..LOL. Sorry to hear about you! Dam man. Hope you come around a hell of alot faster than me. BTW........Heard you on the RADIO........Great song request..LMAO........You take care.:D

OK I was wrong on my first post ..my valve cover is not baffled but the breather cap that my pcv valve hooks to is...sorry!

-
Back