Valve spring question?

-

jeeper

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for a reasonably priced valve spring set that will handle .520 or so lift for a SB? I remember something about comp 901's or something.

Something that is common, requires no machine work and I can get through a source online.

Links?

Thanks for your help as always, ROB

I just used the 901s on my truck. No machining, but you need to replace the exh valve rotators with regular retainers if it's a 360. What camshaft exactly are you using?

I have a .484 on hand. I also have a .509 but that is unlikely to be used. Certainly no bigger than a .509 on lift.

hi, comp cams spring numbers, #926 or #942, both will take .500 lift, will not require maching of seats. the installed height will determine how much room you have left for clearance before coil bind.

OK. I also got some information via PM that will help. Just as an interesting FYI, I called PAW here a month or two ago and asked who made thier kit. He absolutely would not say. He would tell me the specs, but not who made it........

Thanks for the help, ROB

bobscuda67 said:
Use what cam's manufacturer recommends.
I agree. Both those cams may require more pressure than the 901s can give. I cant seem to get the spring scharts up right now...Stupid dial up..lol.

-
Back