vehicle wraps

-

caw440

Reaction score
has anyone ever heard of wrapping a 69 Dart, I was just wondering if it's possible to do an older car, no graffics , just a solid color

Sure, older cars are easier to wrap, less contours. Would give "plain wrap" a new meaning. I think it would be more than a cheap One -Day paint job though.

yes, can certainly wrap it. There are now a ton of color options available from 3M, Avery, and Oracal plus several other off brands. Avery actually markets theirs as paint replacement. Bear in mind, however, it won't be cheap to do it. You are looking at well over $1000. The good material is expensive.

yes, can certainly wrap it. There are now a ton of color options available from 3M, Avery, and Oracal plus several other off brands. Avery actually markets theirs as paint replacement. Bear in mind, however, it won't be cheap to do it. You are looking at well over $1000. The good material is expensive.

Plus the labor if you don't have the stones to DIY. Hotrod mag wrapped their convertible Chevy and were in almost 3k, of course they had custom flames on the front. Also it seems like they had sand scratches showing through everywhere for only finishing the car to 320 grit. Apparently it needs to be a great deal smoother, maybe 600 if you're gonna apply over primered bodywork.

It's cool ,for a while. I would trust honest body work & primer and block work,over a wrap. Wraps & dip are like women's fashion: Hot for a season. Give me honest bodywork & the best paint you can afford.Just, my take...

-
Back