Venmo. Who has it

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And what do you think of it. I sold a powerglide gearset to a guy (550.00 plus shipping) and he has Venmo for payments. Guess he was screwed over by PayPal. Thanks for any suggestions

Venmo is owned by PayPal. Different user agreement though. I am n the same boat as I cancelled my PayPal account and still use Venmo. PayPal tried to do the “social credit score” thing. That’s a game over for them.

So you feel safe getting payments from them. I wonder if I can set it up today and get a payment tomorrow.

I use it all the time to send money to my kids or pay for hockey pickup games . Super quick and easy .

Lots of people seem to be boycotting paypal. I haven't heard anything bad about venmo. I'll probably sign up shortly.

Ok I got it set up. Now I’m guessing he gives me his email or something so I can request payment.

Iirc you just put in his email/handle and anything close will pop up, then pick and send. Requesting is just as easy: request 10 bucks from joebagadonuts and he gets an email or something.

Any protection policies with venmo?

You might want to know that before proceeding. ALong with everyones favorite 1099 reporting as well.

If your really concerned abbout safety open a seperate account with limited funds specifically for parts transactions and link a Venmo/Paypal account to it .
Transfer money into it as needed .

I've never had not one single problem with Paypal and they've gotten money back for me more than once.

Good grief, is this still going? It was an internal screw up at PayPal. That “fine” language was removed from the user agreement almost as quickly as it was added

Fact Check-Confusion on social media as PayPal says policy to fine customers $2,500 in damages for 'misinformation' was issued in error

Even if it wasn’t a mistake, there’s no way that a policy like that is legally enforceable. About the best a company can do to someone talking crap on the internet is ban them from their services. Unless it rises to defamation, but even if it does that they’d still have to sue you, not just levy a fine.

And yeah, on top of that, PayPal owns Venmo, so if your beef with PayPal is, let’s say “philosophical”, using Venmo puts money in the same exact pockets. You’re not accomplishing anything by canceling PayPal and using Venmo.
I shut down my pay pal.And I'm getting rid of my costco credit card.its commie also

I’m going to regret asking this, but what did the American founded and owned Costco do to you?

An American owned retail company with their own credit card is about as capitalist as you can get.

-
Back