Vertigo...wow, I didn't see that coming.

-

ir3333

Reaction score
Anybody have to deal with this.
Occurred at the snap of your fingers and leaves you helpless!

I have had several bouts of Vertigo. I have a lingering issue with it, such that I can no longer work on my back in the car. I just had to farm out some electrical and underdash work because of it.

Wife has BPPV which is when crystals in her ear get displaced and moved around her inner ear. When it happens her day is done. She will sometimes vomit and generally feels like ****, and can't move around. Came out of nowhere about 8 years ago and now happens occasionally.The doctors say it is sometimes caused by a head injury, but she never had one. She sometimes goes in for therapy when it doesn't go away in a day. We never heard of anything like this, but now we know several people with the same problem. Good luck, I know it sucks.

I have had several bouts of Vertigo. I have a lingering issue with it, such that I can no longer work on my back in the car. I just had to farm out some electrical and underdash work because of it.
I have the same issue and take medication for it if and when it occurs. Sometimes I’ll take it before it comes on if I know that I’ll be working on my back.

I had a few bouts of that after my hart surgery. Not fun for sure.

They have a extremely simple treatment for some of these issues. It helped me immensely. 10- 15 minutes, and I walked out feeling like a totally new person. Do not suffer to the point of getting sick,check it out. I still have a few issues with it, but not nearly to the level it was.
Yote

I dealt with it after suffering a concussion, mine was fairly mild, but still debilitating. Yote mentioned a simple treatment that worked for me, can’t remember what it's called but your doctor should have knowledge and access to the procedure. Unless of course you have tried it already and it doesn't help.
I do hope you are able to find relief from this condition as soon as possible, knowing how bad it was for me.

Crystals in your ear canal?
upload_2022-7-13_9-18-6.png

It sucks big time
I get slight cases now and than and deal the best I can
A couple of years ago one winter night I was in the garage on my back doing my transmission conversion
I rolled over and it hit me like a ton of bricks
The underside of the car was spinning and closing and opening my eyes did nothing. I was helpless and my cell phone was on the toolbox
I laid there for ten minutes and than crawled out from under the car, was on my hands and knees
I got to my feet shut the garage lights and had to hold on to the fence to steady myself
The walkway is narrow with the pool on the other side and even though it has a safety cover, if I fell into it id be in trouble
I made my way up the stairs and into the house, sat down and called my wife.....Spent the next two days in bed and my recliner, took me a good week to recover and more time until I was able to get out into garage
See a doctor, its nothing to ignore

I have dealt with it in 2 ways. I found out my issue was a eustachian tube disorder that when allergies flare up the tube is blocked and steroid nasal spray, nasocort, does the job after a couple days. I then stay on it daily during the allergy season. The second way is to do the Epley maneuver to settle the crystals. There are many videos that may help learn it. I was fortunate. They do not always work for everyone.

I am slowly bouncing back.A few friends i know have experienced it and for a couple of them .
it has been a single episode in which they eventually returned to about 90 % of normal. Others have some measure reoccurrence. Time will tell where i end up...fingers crossed!
I sure hope i don't have to abandon my current project?

I had some when I got hit in the face from a cheater pipe.It wasn't fun...prayers

I was involved in an explosion that was a practical joke that left me with permanent vertigo, inner damage, nerve damage and mild brain damage. So yes, I can sympathize.

My wife got it bad one time, had her in bed for a week or longer.
What started it, was she had an infected tooth that set it off.

TX...i seem to be stuck at about 75%. Like all guys 69 plus years i've had many set backs
and learned you just work with it and hope i've raised some awareness for others.
I can manage 75% OK, but I don't think i'll be up on a ladder or the roof anytime soon!

-
Back