very rare stuff

-

crackedback

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I love it when certain people almost always boast about how rare the stuff they have is, like carbs, then price it at 2x one of the most expensive guys on the planets.

Nothing boggles my mind anymore. LOL

and then in the same breath compare their garbage to obscene prices they found on ebay stating what a deal they are getting

Some people will say they have a "1 of 4 produced" 1975 Dart 4-door with a slant 6, and when you question them about it, they start going down the list of "well, it's green with a specially-ordered white interior with a block heater and rear defroster and heavy duty cooling system and a map light and radio delete and locking gas cap."

LMAO.....okay.... Is that fair? I never heard people break stuff down that much before to make their cars appear so rare.

also it seems the term "barn find" automatically adds two grand to the asking price of anything.

So... You don't like Tony, huh cracked?? You hit the mail on the head, higher than anybody else on the planet it seems!!

I don't mind Tony, I think he's the higher point in pricing.

People that price at ~2x+ Tony's pricing are the ones I think are "interesting" LOL.

We have a guy here on the board that is like that.

You sure can tell who uses the site for a sales resource and who uses it for a car topic resource.

Mine is 1 of 1 because it has a scratch on the side you'll never duplicate

You sure can tell who uses the site for a sales resource and who uses it for a car topic resource.

10damnFOUR, says Mr. Spock

Mr.Spock_.jpg

As soon as I see "this part is rare" I move on to the next read.
I see it here , Kjiji , Craigslist, e-bay. We have some 67,000
a-body owners/members on this site alone and most of us
have more then one a-body car, I have 3. So how rare is
that fender or carb. According to these ads I see , I must be
f$$king rich cause everything I have is very rare and hard to get. LOL
LMAO - LOL - LOL more - LMAO some more. I have siezed 360 for sale,
it is very rare because they are not usually seized,LOL only 1000 dollar usd.
I dont even like my steak too rare. LOL Cheers

I love it when certain people almost always boast about how rare the stuff they have is, like carbs, then price it at 2x one of the most expensive guys on the planets.

Nothing boggles my mind anymore. LOL

You know if it has the ultra lean jetting kit in it, it is darn well worth it.

Just for kicks, Ill sometimes search C-List just for "RARE". Always good for a lot of laughs.

Searching "SHOW CAR/TRUCK" can be just as funny as well.

and then in the same breath compare their garbage to obscene prices they found on ebay stating what a deal they are getting

How about the guy on here selling the 68 notchback rear glass stainless trim for $500. I just about fell out of my chair. I think i payed.$95 for mine.

$500 is a bit too steep.

-
Back