Very usefull tranny info.....

-

T-REX

Reaction score
Ya'll may already know this, but a friend ov mine juss sent this to me...I have a 66 dart wagon and been runn'in a 904 tranny...I wanted a overdrive tranny, but never found tha one I needed that wuzn't computer controlled....Well, reed this and it will open up sum new doors for us miserz look'in for sum better milage!!!!......I'm not advertize'in, I juss thank it's good info....... http://www.transmissioncenter.net/SwapInformation.htm

yea quite a few people have done that swap. gotta cut the t-bar cross member and make a modify the mount. also run 3/8 trans cooler lines. on a early abody its going to be even tighter...

If you look in the trans. section hardly a week goes by when someone doesn't post about swapping in a O.D. trans. In an early A the only one you'd want to consider (if you stay with a Mopar trans.) is the A500. The A518 is huge and will require extensive floor surgery. Any Mopar o.d. trans. is computer controlled but the early ones only used the computer to control the lockup and o.d. features. You can put a simple kit on it to take care of that. In 96 they went to fully electronic trans. that can only be used with a computer.

I like it. Being that I am just beginning my build I will seriously consider this option. Thanx T-REX. :cheers:

-
Back