Very very bad vibrations

-

Moparornocar51

Reaction score
Hi guys i have very very bad vibrations in my car, just when i start it in park and i wanna crank it around 2000-4000rpm everything is vibrating, when i go with the first gear ( i have reverse full manual valve body) and cruise on the street everything is vibrating that much, i thought like the front window will get broken....

I just got new spark plugs today before i had the wrong one installed they were for nos injection, i drove the car like 5 minutes in cruisin mode, then i checked for the spark plugs the looked really white so my engine was adjust to lean, then i turned the carb screws a bit out and drive 5 minutes again and the spark plugs were very sooty then

i have this engine http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/4feb2008smallblock426strokerdynotest.php

and a 727 transmission from another guy, i do have schumacher engine mounts, i dont hope that something is not ballanced right.... because i have the vibrations even i just start up the car and go around 1800rpm more rpm more vibrations, i set my ignition to 16°in idle and to 34° in the high rpm range without vacuum!

I also do have a temp laser pistol, i checked my headers temp after driving 5 minutes around with the car, cyl 4,6, and 8 were around 284F to 347F the other cyl were alot colder like 158 to 212F

I also have to say that my fuel regulator gauge is vibrating too, it jumps from 6 to 7 psi in shaking mode

I hope you guys can help me

thx Peter

the motor is internally balanced. Does your converter have weights on it? Spark plug wires in the right spots?

Internal balanced motor be sure you have correct balancer and flexplate and no external weights on torque converter

What flex plate did you use?

This one

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/..._police_interceptor_engine_swap/photo_08.html

hugh engines emailed me today and they said my engine is internall ballanced...
Someone correct me, but that is NOT the correct flexplate for that motor, that motor is internally balanced, the big cutout in that flexplate is to balance an exteranley balanced 360.

wrjjol.jpg

is the correct answer. This flexplate is for using a "non weighted" converter with an engine (360LA, etc) which would require external weights

You need either a factory "spider" flex, or a neutral balance aftermarket flex, and make SURE the converter does not have the 360 weights on the face of the converter

Peter, if you need a stock type neutral flexplate for testing let me know - i have a spare one here.

Michael

Hi guys i found a pic now

11m8e48.jpg

and an old email from my transmission guy where he were saying that the transmission and the converter is internal neutral ballanced, what i dont understand the guy who sold me the engine had this flexplate installed allready i never did change anything, can it be that he had an external ballanced converter on his transmission?

Thx Peter

Hi Michel u got PM

i found a better pic, why does the engine came like this!!
35bys9k.jpg

That confuse me alot!!!

I cant see your picture on this PC, but I can tell you as was said, that's the wrong flex plate. The reasons don;t matter. Wrong is wrong. Any flexplate from an internally balaced engine will work so long as the bolt pattern is the same on the convertor - both in width and bolt size. Anything that is solid with a cut out like that will be wrong.

This flexplate is for using a "non weighted" converter with an engine (360LA, etc) which would require external weights

You need either a factory "spider" flex, or a neutral balance aftermarket flex, and make SURE the converter does not have the 360 weights on the face of the converter

Like I said earlier................................

If nothing else, use a factory flex plate...................

P4876821.gif

It would REALLY help if you'd learn to crop and resize your photos...................

Attachments

• flex.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 235
No one can tell "us" what that thing is for?
Its there for a reason by I don't believe I have ever seen anything like that.

Where did you get that from? Was it already on the car when you bought it?

If you'd read the thread several of us explained it, and the OP provided a link to where he bought it.

IT IS

a weighted flex plate designed for heavy duty use on a 360 LA, using NEUTRAL balance torque converters. It makes up for the balance weights that are present from the factory on a TQ, and "not there" if you buy / use a neutral one.

Thx guys i will get the new right flexplate soon!

I got this flexplate with my engine when i bought it but its the wrong flexplate i have installed its for external ballanced engines and i have a internal ballanced engine....

-
Back