Vibration

-

500stroker

proud heterosexual
Reaction score
Got a bad vibration at 70 mph that feels like its from the rear. Trying to track it down. Have a new drive shaft. 8.75 4.10 gear 742 that had the yoke changed.It was retorqued with the same parts nothing disassembled.I am afraid this may be the problem. I did find a cracked brake drum. Can this cause a bad vibration at speed?. Not braking just going down the road?. thanks.

brand new 235 bfgs on american racing wheels balanced when installed

I would still recheck the balance of the tires. It all depends on the person doing the balance if they are actually in balance. David

If it didn't vibrate before you did this work, it must be one of the things that was changed. I'd run the car with the rear wheels up in the air and see if the driveshaft is running true. Why was the yoke changed? Is the driveshaft the proper length?

If it didn't vibrate before you did this work, it must be one of the things that was changed. I'd run the car with the rear wheels up in the air and see if the driveshaft is running true. Why was the yoke changed? Is the driveshaft the proper length?
Whole car was put together from scratch. Nothings ever been run together. This is what causes the difficulty diagnosing it. Cant just undo the latest mod. I know one drum has a crack in the lining surface.This is why I was suspect of that.

Have another set of rims with slicks. will try these to see if vibration goes away

Pettybludart I think you nailed it. Tried other wheels and no change. Raised whole car on stands and crawled underneath and checked things out. I must have forgotten to tighten the mount to trans nuts as they are gone. I got to grab some at the hardware store tommorrow. I bet this fixes the problem. Sureglad its not the yoke. thanks PBD

-
Back