Vice grip garage

-
I didn't realize they were being produced in the US again. The last time I looked at a new one store, it said made in China-in very small letters on the back of the package. I didn't see anywhere in that story, that said where they were being made. I just know that when they left Dewitt they went to China. I had quite a few friends lose their jobs.
Irwin now makes the original Vise Grip Pliers right here in the USA. Read here:

IRWIN History - IRWIN TOOLS

Read the handle. All of the Irwin Vise Grips are made here NOW. I have several new pair.

View attachment 1715577855

I didn't realize they were being produced in the US again. The last time I looked at a new one store, it said made in China-in very small letters on the back of the package. I didn't see anywhere in that story, that said where they were being made. I just know that when they left Dewitt they went to China. I had quite a few friends lose their jobs.

Well.......at first, Irwin was outsourcing them. But somebody in the company got smart and changed that. Now they are all made in the USA again. I'm sure "like everything" they probably ain't as good "as they used to be" but still far better than chinkesium crappola.

Not to change the subject, the title caught my eye. Who, on here does not own a real Vice Grip? The ones made in Dewitt Nebraska. These were produced in Dewitt, a small town about 20 or so miles from where I grew up. I think the population was quite a bit under a 1000. I think they employed 300-400 people. Then one day quite a few years ago they moved the whole works to China.
So-look on your ViceGrips, if they don't say Peterson, Made in Dewitt NE, then they aren't real Vice Grips. Just a little history lesson.
That drove up the price on the old ones on Ebay.

Well.......at first, Irwin was outsourcing them. But somebody in the company got smart and changed that. Now they are all made in the USA again. I'm sure "like everything" they probably ain't as good "as they used to be" but still far better than chinkesium crappola.

When they are made in China does that mean they are Rice-Grips?

-
Back