Victoria Got Struck by Lightening!!!

-
Sorry to hear Victoria was mistaken for a lightening rod.....anything I can do from here let me know...

Hope everyone and Victoria is ok. Me and a friend were in his 70 Impala, driving through Eastern Wa. in a thunderstorm. Suddenly a huge flash, and boom, and the car shuddered and started missing out and backfiring.

We pulled to the side of the road, and the car ran normal again, but there was a nasty smell of burned wax and hot metal and grease.

We made it home that night and looked at the car the next morning.

The lightning bolt had hit the hood ornament, melted it and you could trace the whole route the bolt took through the car.

Through the hood ornament, through the hood and to the right hood hinge, the bolts were melted, down the inner fender seam to the body mount and through the lower control arm, the grease boot was melted and there was burned grease that had boiled out, and then out the grease zirc, it was melted, then probably out to ground from there.

It was freaky

Sure glad to hear everything is OK, or as good as it can be considering. Best of all, glad to hear that no one was hurt and that Buddy was in the house.
Looking forward to your pics, Mike.

glad to hear everyone is alright. That is not too bad on Victoria. Wish I had a spare slant distributor, It'd already be sent out! I may have spare fuel pump and hardline I can send if needed 8). Im sure between all of us, we have enough parts to fix her up in no time :cheers:

Sorry to hear the bad news. Glad everyone is ok. The damage is an excuse to make the car better than it was already!

whew!!!! glad all is okay on the hill for the most part. Victoria's facelift is next. Whooohooo.

Wow, that's crazy, I'm happy to hear everyone is ok and the damage can be fixed.

Attachments

• Spring 2011 217.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 371
  • Spring 2011 218.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 374
  • Spring 2011 215.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 367
  • Spring 2011 213.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 376
Mike if you can use anything from my 65 Barracuda let me know it is yours free of charge.

Wow, that's crazy, I'm happy to hear everyone is ok and the damage can be fixed.
:thumblef: she can :thumblef:

Glad to hear Mike and Family are well.
Soooo true, lucky Buddy " my Boxer was not a pile of ash" :heart:

whew!!!! glad all is okay on the hill for the most part. Victoria's facelift is next. Whooohooo.
So true, I wish I could start cleaning her up, But I am waiting on my home owners insurance appraiser to see it first

Mike, I have a 75 /6 electronic distributor if you need it. Let me know. Just need your address. Jeff

Aw man I hate to see that, but I know you'll have her up and running again Mike.
If the alternator is fried I have one that I took off the /6 out of my dart just sitting in my shop. Just let me know and I'll send it to you.

Darn MeMike that is truly sad to see I know how hard ya work on her,and I know she is hurting give her a hug for me and let her know she will be back in her glory in no time.Good luck buddy.Was she in the shelter or out side when she got hit?

This storm came from out of no where and it hammered our area, Our cable co. said it took out everything around us and just got us back up and running.
I want to thank the electric co service truck for puttung the fire out
I did not know Victoria was hit till I rolled here down the hill and dumpped the clutch to start her up and she ran and started smoking and I reached down and flipped off my main supply Kill swith I installed on my freash air vent door:notworth::notworth:. I think it saved my in car and bulk head wiring :thumblef:

What a weird Strongend :happy6:, NO!! This was a Weekend :thumblef:

Here is were she was setting, Creeds truck was there one day this week.
I think it was Tuesday when I took that picture
I will get a picture off where the lightning hit the fence first.

Attachments

• Spring 2011 208.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 347
Sorry that this happened to your car. Sounds like it's time for an upgrade :) 440? :)

Mike, I have a 75 /6 electronic distributor if you need it. Let me know. Just need your address. Jeff
Thank you for the offer brother :thumblef:, I have one that is ready to go in :thumblef:

Aw man I hate to see that, but I know you'll have her up and running again Mike.
If the alternator is fried I have one that I took off the /6 out of my dart just sitting in my shop. Just let me know and I'll send it to you.
Thank you Stan! :thumblef: I have one in a drawer in my shelter :thumblef:

Darn MeMike that is truly sad to see I know how hard ya work on her,and I know she is hurting give her a hug for me and let her know she will be back in her glory in no time.Good luck buddy.Was she in the shelter or out side when she got hit?
I mooped around some put we know that don't do any good. Yes she is a mess, But it's nothinmg that can't be fixed bro :bball: I had two cold frosted mugs Saterday morning and laid down and slept, No power for about 7 hours and I think I can enjoy a cold one know that I am watching Cheer's on TV, Know TV.... three day's :shock:
I started seeing Deer looking in my windows at me :shock::shaking:
Yep Time for a cold one :thumblef:

Hey Mike,I have a /6 ignition coil if you need it.Does it matter if the coil is off a points car?
Hay! Thank you so much for the offer 1BadDodge71 :thumblef: I have one in my stash drawer :drinkers:

Good grief Mike!!!

You have a awful time with weather don't you?? Snow, Ice storm, tornadoes and now lightening! Glad she's ok and just need a little fixing. I will keep a eye out on this post so if you need something I might have I will let you know.

Ok guys lets help Mike get his car back like she was!! Wheres Small Block at? LOL

Wine for me.

You have a pressure washer mike?

I bet most if not all scotch brights off.

The Main Kill switch was off when she was hit :thumblef:

The hood :shock:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 226.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 329
Good grief Mike!!!

You have a awful time with weather don't you?? Snow, Ice storm, tornadoes and now lightening! Glad she's ok and just need a little fixing. I will keep a eye out on this post so if you need something I might have I will let you know.

Ok guys lets help Mike get his car back like she was!! Wheres Small Block at? LOL

Yes we have our fare share Mullin :razz:
I wish I had her in her nest, But we just got dun cleaning junk out the day you see that picture and I never put her back in. The sun was out nice all day friday and no call for rain, This hit about 9 am by surprise :shock:

I had the old style real wire plug wires on here :toothy6:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 228.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 323
  • Spring 2011 226.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 328
-
Back