Viet Nam Vet

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My brother served in Nam and has been trying in vain to make contact with some of the guys he served with. He was with B Battery 5th 42nd Arty between 1970 and 1971. If your one of those guys please let me know, He would love to make contact. Thanks, Hope you guys don't mind me posting this.

Vietnam was before I was born so the only hope I can be is making this a sticky. Hope your brother finds his Buddies.

What was your brothers name?

I'm retired now but there were a couple of guys at work that were in Nam
in the Artillary. Since my wife still works there I will have her take
a copy of your post for them to read.

Tell your brother thanks for his service!

Well I hope he finds his buddies! And please on bahalf of all of us tell him thank you for his service in our military! I know it was quite some time ago but its nice to hear some appreciation none the less. Lata.

Hope this man finds one of his buds here that would be outstanding.
greendart72 give that man a howdy and thanks from Arkansas :salute:
for his help keeping America America! :headbang:

ar_fi.gif

He will appeciate the thanks, make up for the girl that spit on him in the airport at San Fancisco when he got home still in uniform. Thanks Guy's

If he is a member of the American Legion, he can post an ad in the back in the Camrades section. I see postings all the time for get togethers, and reuions. I am also a Viet Nam vet, but I was there in 72-73 with the 1st Aviation Brigade.
Hope he finds some of his friends.

I'm old enough to remember all the stories of how badly many of them were treated when they came back. Very sad. I hope he finds some of the old boys.

Ha, Who you calling old :salute:

Life in the 60’s was anything but sad. When I returned from Viet Nam in 1967 the times had changed considerably and getting back into civilian life took some effort. I was lucky that one of the Midwest guys in my squad bay played guitar and taught me a few song. I made lots friends in college (GI Bill) and we spent most afternoons sitting in the quad strumming the latest hits on the radio. They understood why I kept going to classes when they were on strike and I understood why they were on strike. I drive a 65 Barracuda today, because I drove one then. I remember these times, as some of my best memories. When I get into the Barracuda its summer of 68 and the beach was just down the road. greendart72 I hope your brother feels the same way, remind him that every Viet Nam Vet he runs into is his brother, whether Marine, Air Force or Army.

You can thank your brother for me also for serving in Vietnam. The stupid cow that spat at him should also thank him for his help in keeping this country free so she had the free choice to be a cow.

Chuck

Glad to hear you were treated with respect when you came back! I know that was not always the case. And yeah the 60's would have been a great era to be a young man, I was born in 58 so I didn't get to fully appreciate that decade.

Thanks for all the kind words guy's ! Told my brother about them and he said to say thanks! Having had a loved one away at war and remembering the feeling of weather or not I was ever going to see him again, makes me want to just give all those who now have loved ones in the same situation a great big Hug! War is hell, but freedom isn't free. You guys that served in Nam thank You!!!!!! :salute: :salute: :salute:

GreenDart, no one ever spit on me...but I was prepared for it. I had heard of that treatment back in the world. I would always travel in 'civies' when I could. Thank your brother for his service to our country, I am greatful for every one who served. Have him try Vet.friends.com , they have a very good locater service for Vets. I have used it myself, a good outfit. I am a new member. The American Legion is a good source as has been stated. Good luck to him.
Terry.

I talked to my dad who was also over there and luckily made it back to ok, kinda. He suggested to also check with your local VFW "Veterans of Foreign War". He was able to hook back up with some long lost thought to be dead friends. Good luck.

Best of luck in the serch. Thanks to your bro!!!!!!!!!!!

Advise him to punch his unit into Google....there are sites for people wanting to find others all over the net.

NAM '68

I served in SE Asia 11 Years...Tell your brother to go to vetfriends.com or military.com and search his units... I did and it came back with a lot of names.
Tell you Brother "WELCOME HOME BROTHER"
Frank

I served in SE Asia 11 Years...Tell your brother to go to vetfriends.com or military.com and search his units... I did and it came back with a lot of names.
Tell you Brother "WELCOME HOME BROTHER"
Frank

I will think that would be as a civilian?

I was in country for two tours beginning in 1966 - I don't know your brother but understand his quest and wish him well. Tell him I said "Welcome Home"!!!!

If he is a member of the American Legion, he can post an ad in the back in the Camrades section. I see postings all the time for get togethers, and reuions. I am also a Viet Nam vet, but I was there in 72-73 with the 1st Aviation Brigade.
Hope he finds some of his friends.

I was in the 1st Aviation Brigade/210th Bat/25th Avn Co in Long Thanh 69-70....

Now back to the original post and question. Ya gotta learn to use the net! Go to www.google.com and search for his unit.

Here's a good one I came up with: http://www.military.com/HomePage/UnitPageBulletinBoard/1,13492,102194,00.html?Page=2

-
Back