VIN Decoding?

-

djais1801

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a 67 barracuda fastback, supposedly Formula S. Fender tag is there but hard to read.
The bottom row of fender tag is:
BH29 32 5 285 419 02179

and the vin is:
BH29E72314370

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ivan

i should think before i type.lol

what he said below

You have a '67 Fastback Formula S originally with a 273-4bbl, 3 speed torqueflite automatic tranny, and d70x14 Red Streak tires (including the spare), the scheduled build date was April 19th, the car was built in Hamtramck and the 02179 was the Shipping Order number, step in any time Matthon! Great little car, wish I had one!

On the second line up from the bottom on the fender tag there should be a three digit code right above where yours has the 419, mine says MM1 so yours should have a somewhat similar pattern. (MM means Turbine Bronze Metallic, the number one next to it means monotone paint). You can visit jani-immonem.net, this guy has an awesome fender tag decoder for '67 and '68.

Hey 67hfish, could you share where we all might find that information, I've looked and like djais I haven't found la source that covers all the numbers on the tag.

Moe

Sure, Moe. I have been blessed with some awesome people on this site especially my buddy, matthon, who have helped me with translating VINs, fender tags, build cards, etc. In the mean time I have found outside help for my '67 at two sites in particular, '67 Charger Registry (DodgeCharger.org) and jani-immonen.net, their decoders seem to be the most complete for the '67 and '68s. The Charger site might go from '65 on.

Sure, Moe. I have been blessed with some awesome people on this site especially my buddy, matthon, who have helped me with translating VINs, fender tags, build cards, etc. In the mean time I have found outside help for my '67 at two sites in particular, '67 Charger Registry (DodgeCharger.org) and jani-immonen.net, their decoders seem to be the most complete for the '67 and '68s. The Charger site might go from '65 on.

Thanks I'll give them a look
Thanks Moe

-
Back