Vin number?

-

JayMoney65

Reaction score
Ok. Can anyone identify what this vin # is it was told it was a 64 dart gt but all I can fingers on this is it is a 62 lancer so I'm totally confused? Any help identifying what this is will help tremendously thank guys

Screenshot_20160612-215303.png

Ok. Can anyone identify what this vin # is it was told it was a 64 dart gt but all I can fingers on this is it is a 62 lancer so I'm totally confused? Any help identifying what this is will help tremendously thanks guys. BTW the last number is zzzs

That's not a VIN. That's a fender tag with a shipping order number. The VIN was not put on the fender tag on Mopars until 1969. The VIN on a 67-earlier car is in the driver door jamb area roughly between the hinges.

^^And I can never remember how this works, exactly. To tie a VIN, a fender tag (or certicard) and the factory body stampings which were "order numbers" and not a VIN together, you need all three of them together, I believe.

68 cars are somewhat worse. That is, the VIN on a 68 was on the dash frame which you can remove. The body still had the order numbers, so if the VIN was switched, there may be no way to actually justify the car

^^And I can never remember how this works, exactly. To tie a VIN, a fender tag (or certicard) and the factory body stampings which were "order numbers" and not a VIN together, you need all three of them together, I believe.

68 cars are somewhat worse. That is, the VIN on a 68 was on the dash frame which you can remove. The body still had the order numbers, so if the VIN was switched, there may be no way to actually justify the car

Certicard, if present has the VIN, but is not an identification document as far as law enforcement goes (as far as I know). The only way to tie the VIN and SON together is with the broadcast sheet.

-
Back