Vin tag repaint question

-

moparhunter

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m redoing my dash and I want to repaint the Vin tag as I’ve ordered and sticker for it( it’s off the dash ) how do I repaint it and get the letter/ numbers to stand out ( bare metal/ factory style ) ? I hope this makes sense to read .

Paint and rub with a paper towel on a sanding block to knock the semi dry pair off?

I’ve tried that little bit here and there and it just doesn’t seem to work real well I’ve re-done it but four times so far sadly

The factory style is to have the whole thing painted black, with no shiny/chrome letters standing out.

Agree with the above statement. Factory was all black. You see cars with shiny numbers because the paint has been rubbed off over the years from wiping down the dash.

I used SEM Trim Black on mine.

You are looking at an old tag that has been cleaned/rubbed/polished multiple times. The paint on the old one isn't going to look the same as a freshly painted one.

I used SEM Trim Black on mine.

You are looking at an old tag that has been cleaned/rubbed/polished multiple times. The paint on the old one isn't going to look the same as a freshly painted one.
I'm thinking the paint, is more like a simi- gloss black with the pennstar and Chrysler decal implanted on it. I agree, the plates look flat black, but over time they fade.

-
Back