Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Contact seller
Hello Looking for a vintage FM Converter
similar to this one:
FM Converter.jpg

Part Must work however.
I took a chance on one at a swap meet.. It does not work, so I am looking for another one.

Thanks!

Hey, Greg. I think I have one on the shelf. I had it in my 69 Polara. When I sold the car the buyer didn't want it, as he had a factory record player for the car. I'll look, today. Yours for shipping.

Awesome, thanks Charrlie, The ebay link is for a new piece, but untested. It does happen to be in driving distance from me but $90 Seems a bit on the Ri¢h side for one of these pieces.
Thank you.

Sure I will take it.

PM Me your info again and I will cover the Shipping - I can send a Label to you if you can print it out at the house or Library , Tape it to the box and drop it at the post office.

Total side note, what does this do exactly and how does it work?

Allows you to have FM Radio band on an old Car that Had Only AM Radio as an option. It takes the Cars antenna Coax cable Into it and has it's own Antanna Coax Cable out of it that connects to the AM Radio where the Original Cars' antenna would be plugged in. They are effective, and Other than mounting require 1 powered wire.

Waay obsolete stuff now, but I want to keep the Original Radio in my car and Not hack up the dash or spend hunderds of dollars on car Audio equipment.

I found that 45 to 120 was the range depending on condition and known functionality etc.

They are effective, and Other than mounting require 1 powered wire
If you want to make it easily removable. Get a cigarette lighter cord and wire it that way. The antenna is easily reached on my dart,

3 plugs and your off to the races.

Don't want it for a car show, 3 plugs and it's gone.

BTW ebay has a ton of them.

The one I have/had in my Polara, I used velcro to attach it to the under side of the dash.
The reason I went with the converter, was I had the original window/sales sticker that listed AM radio, and I wanted to keep the car original. I bought the car from a GM dealer and it was a documented 5x,*** mile car

I wondered if something like this existed for the AM stuff. I know there are FM modulators but those dont do any good in an AM only radio. Very cool

edit: and if you install one of these, you can then use an FM modulator that has a bluetooth receiver. Connect it to your phone and bob's your uncle.

Last edited:
Hey, Greg. I think I have one on the shelf. I had it in my 69 Polara. When I sold the car the buyer didn't want it, as he had a factory record player for the car. I'll look, today. Yours for shipping.
record player to wi/fi/bluetooth/5g with spotify in 70yrs next 15 going to be crazy

$90 on E bay when it was $15 at K Mart
I can get $600 for a new in the box 160gig Ipod I paid $150 for at Best buy... But I am keeping it until phones have a terra bite memory.I bought (3) at the time and my kids didnt like them...

I found a K-Mart version, unused, in box. Worked fine when hooked up. The problem is finding anything on the radio worth listening to. Removed it and hooked up a Bluetooth amp instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back