Vintage car clubs...

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Ah back in the day I dont know of. I suppose the old skool car clubs appeal to me more and more that I hear about them. I guess that was the thing to do since electronics were not our main source of entertainment. I get a small thrill when I look at my dads old club jacket. This one is pristine condition. The club was local to where I am at. Unfortunate that my dad was a Ford man back then....I dont know what the value of this jacket is, but as far as we know its the last one in existance from the club. So its priceless to me.
Thought I would share. It needs some dry cleaning after sitting for many years... but I still dig it.

-RPM

P1030306.jpg

P1030307.jpg

P1030308.jpg

Things werent fancy back then... just fast. This is the car my dad had in the club,.. you can see the window plaque in the rear window. From what I understand it had a realllly hopped up 312ci from a T-bird in it. He never told me much of his antics in it... but... I have heard stories from his friends.... I guess it flat hauled butt.
P1030310.jpg

Fun stuff ... anyone have any more stuff like this ? ? I would love to see it if its related to old club stuff.

-RPM

Very cool memorabilia, especially because it was your dads. Those plates are highly collectible too. I know you would never sell it though. Thanks for posting.

What year are those from? Ever wear the jacket to any car shows? Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing! 8)

Yeah I wish I would have kept my old jacket from the late 60's. I know of one past member that still has his.

What year are those from? Ever wear the jacket to any car shows? Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing! 8)

Think prob 1960-62 or so. I have not worn it to a club event, but I will maybe this spring. There is another prominent car club here called the "Barons" that were around during the Mid Knight Lords time. Quite a few of those old boys are in the club and love the old memoriblia stuff. So if I wear the MKL club jacket I am sure it would spawn a lot of cool conversation. On a side note dad later switched to Dodge even though he is a Ford man at heart. He couldnt resist the lure of a 1963 Dodge Polara 500 with a HP383 4 speed. That became a weekend drag racer and a well known car too... sigh*

-RPM

My dad always had hopped up cars like that. But the one i remember the most vividly, was this old junky car that he would take my brother and I to school in. We hated that car, we would beg to get dropped off a block or two away so no one would see us in that old car. When I was a little older we were looking at some old pictures and that car was in one, It looked pretty good to me now. I asked my dad what it was, I didnt even recognize it. He began to tell me that it was the car that we hated to ride in. The car was a 48 Plymouth coupe, that he and his friends put a 392 hemi in. From that day on this is my favorite car. Who would have thought.

-
Back