vintage Mags questions

-

Sussmad

Reaction score
I have some wheels from a house and garage that was being torn down in the neighborhood. The guy had a 67 GTX:
I have a pair of Torque Thrust style 15" x 6" 5bolt 4.5 (if I am measuring correctly)
can't find any markings on them;
Also I have 6 Magnum 500s: (same size)
2 of them are very good condition, 2 need small bit of work near rim, and 2 of them are good but have these weird holes on the outer edge?
I will be selling them but don't know what they are worth? in unrestored condition.
thanks for any info

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2222.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 199
What they are worth I dont know. The weird holes look like possibly holes to put screws to keep slicks from slipping on the wheels.

I'm not an expert, and maybe they are worth more, but I would guess you could probably get around $20 to $25 per wheel in unrestored condition (6" wide is somewhat narrow in my opinion). There is a cost in time and/or money in restoring them to original condition. Keep in mind that most of these old school style wheels are also available from aftermarket vendors such as Wheel Vintiques. Of course they are not original wheels; however, you can buy them in the size you want and they are brand new. You will pay a lot more for them, but you can get exactly what you want. Ideally you want to find the person that needs these exact wheels you have and that person is likely to pay a little more. That's my two cents. Good luck.

rim.jpg

lug.jpg

Thanks AbodyJoe for some clarification: these wheels are 14 x 5.5:
bolt pattern 5 x 4.5

Some folks have extra set of wheels and tires for special purposes. studed snow tires is one example. Drag racing slicks is another. I will assume this owner had 4 wheels and tires for general purpose and 2 more for track day, 6 total.

-
Back