Vintage stereo

-
My old 80's Technics is behind my minibar. A pair of 301s on the far wall but got lazy and left my AM5 in a box.
Had to take the turntable motor apart to clean out the buildup on the armature recently. Relaced 5 belts on the cassette deck about 2 years ago..

1677077408739.jpeg

...........Thrift stores, value village is great for this stuff......
Yep! Unfortunately, sooner or later ya' run outta' space!:D
Picked up a pair of original Bose 301's at a local resale outfit for 20 bucks a while back. Replaced the speaker surrounds and used them in the garage for several years.
Gave 'em to my son along with my old HK gear.

Not using these right now.
I have the sub woofer that matches these.
Years ago I drove them with Sansui amps, see a lot of them represented on this thread!

IMG_0283.JPG

Is that a Revox b790 linear tracking turntable!?! Holy smokes I haven't seen one of those is years! Nice stuff there. I have had a few different liner tracking turntables over the years but they just always seemed to end up with some stupid problem I couldn't get parts to fix. Those are built like a tank.

Is that a Revox b790 linear tracking turntable!?! Holy smokes I haven't seen one of those is years! Nice stuff there. I have had a few different liner tracking turntables over the years but they just always seemed to end up with some stupid problem I couldn't get parts to fix. Those are built like a tank.
It's a B795.
I bought it in 1979, still going strong.

Nice. What cartridge and stylus are you using? Are they specific to that tonearm? I can't imagine it a standard setup.

Cartridge is an Acutex 315 STR
Don't remember what stylus.
Uses an adapter plate that attaches to linear drive mechanism.

Living room system-

1974 Pioneer SX-727 receiver 48 WPC
1990's Optimus cassette deck
2000's Numark turntable
1970's BIC Venturi formula IV 10" 3 way speakers.
Recently acquired 1984 Realistic silver face CD player
Bose bluetooth receiver

Man cave system-

1990's Sony 120 WPC AVR
Early 1990's Sony 900 series dual cassette
1984 Sony FL-77 linear tracking turntable
1985 Sony CD player
Late 90's-2000's Boston Acoustics CR 85 speakers
Sometimes- Yamaha 12" 100W powered sub.

Shop system-

1984 Phillips integrated 85 WPC amp/pre
1980's Pioneer tuner
Same Pioneer 12" tower speakers as in a post #6 above.
Sometimes- 85 W Yamaha 2x8 powered sub.

Extra parts-

Stack of 1980's "single spin" CD players- I rotate these in and out.
1990's Sony 100 WPC AVR
Recent couldn't pass it up for 25 bucks 1982 Sherwood 25 WPC receiver
1977 Sanyo turntable (don't laugh, it's bad-***)
Various 6.5 and 8" bookshelf speakers including Yamaha, Inkel, Lafayette, etc
1980's Cerwin Vega HED 12" U123 needing re-foamed
1970's Sherwood S-9910 needing serviced
1970's Phase Linear 250 WPC amp needing serviced
1976 Empire 698 turntable with crazy features including teak and glass dust cover and cueing buttons that complete the circuit through your finger! Needing belt and damping fluid.

Last edited:
I have my Kenwood system that came from a PX in Germany. A guy who brought it back, worked with me at Chrysler in the mid 70's. He just got back from the army, and I'd didn't realize it...but he came back a junkie. It's a big `ol Kenwood, and the speakers are 888's. I'll have to hook it up again one day. It thundered. My wife and I could fill my minivan with old stereo equipment from our basement. I've got about 8ft of vinyl in storage, also.

Hellrats....Diggin your sound room, used to go down to Tower Records on Broadway in Sacramento, would start at the A's and go through all the vinyl albums they had, man they played some weird **** on the store sound system lol

I have a Marantz receiver, Advent Prodigy Tower speakers and a Yamaha turntable that I have not set up yet.

IMG_8353.jpg

IMG_8354.jpg

IMG_8355.jpg

IMG_8356.jpg

here's mine , akai receiver / amp with hand built akai speakers , bought the system used in 1980 and still in daily use . in fact the system is my audio for our blu-ray player and flat screen .

DSC09193.JPG

Last edited:
I have a good bit of classic rock and hard rock on vinyl.
And a good bit of new pressed on heavy 180-220 gram vinyl.
My wife got me the new Ozzy on heavy vinyl.
But not a one way street I grabbed her some Good Bye Yellow Brick Road, Don't Shoot Me I am Just A,Piano Player, Mad Man Across The Water.

I have a good bit of classic rock and hard rock on vinyl.
And a good bit of new pressed on heavy 180-220 gram vinyl.
My wife got me the new Ozzy on heavy vinyl.
But not a one way street I grabbed her some Good Bye Yellow Brick Road, Don't Shoot Me I am Just A,Piano Player, Mad Man Across The Water.
Madman Across The Water, is his best song.

I still have a pair of DCM Timeframes in the basement, and a complete Pioneer system (not high end I know) and turntable sitting in the basement. My wife wants me to get rid of it, but I'm going to set it up someday. Sound familiar?

dcm_timeframe_tf350_speakersjpg.image.454x500.jpg

My good sound is based on a couple of Soundcraftsmen M5002s with a home built active crossover. NAD pre-amp and a Luxman M117 taking care of the bass duties. The speakers are also home built with Focal components, 7K011DBL, T120K with high grade caps and coils. The bass is covered by a couple of Adire 12 inchers built into end tables. Turntables are Marantz 6300 Which I bought new back in the day and Technics CS1500 and Dual 1229 which I picked up at garage sales. Cartridges are Ortofon, Shure, Audio Technica and Empire. Also still have an Akai reel to reel. Just can't give up nice clear tunes with a realistic soundstage.

Speakers.jpg

stereo.jpg

Subs.jpg

My old garage setup I gave my son when he moved to CO. (I wanted a stereo with a remote) .........
HK PM660 amp (I believe I still have another stored somewhere around here)
HK TU915 tuner
HK 200XM cassette
1677110108376.png

-
Back