vinyl top and headliner questions

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
I have a 70 swinger i should be getting back from paint here pretty soon. First off how can i make sure i get the correct vinyl top. It looks like alot of places sell them for a wide range of A body tops for the same car. But they have a couple differant seam to seam measurements. How can i know which one is correct?

Second question is there any good referances on installing new headliners or vinyl tops? I havent decided if i should take it in and have done or if i should try to accomplish this myself. I have no clue how the headliner goes in since it was removed before i bought the car. But i do have all the bows and a new headliner already. I contacted one local shop and they wanted $250 for the headliner and $250 for the vinyl top.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.
Mark

I have done many tops and headliners on Darts. I don't find them difficult because I have experience...but if you don't, it will be hard for you. The area around the rear window will pucker the headliner if you don't stretch, relieve cut and heat it right and the top is tricky with the meterial around the bottom of the rear window and how the sail panels come down. If you can swing it...have the pros do it for you. You will be much happier with the end result.

-
Back