Viper Barracuda

-
Running ABS. I am using Viper suspension, brakes, wheels & tires. I'll be a bit heavier than the Viper and weight bias will be more to the front but I'm working on that. By using Viper wheels and tires the algorithms work even though the weight and distribution will be different, according to my research and the techs I've spoken with. The Gen 2 didn't have ABS until real late in the gen and the Gen 3 ABS can be operated without the computer. Should work out well, but before I take the car on the street I'll be sure to get to a track and do some testing, HARD!

WOW! you really are doing your homework. I'm going with the AJE suspension for mine. Having no torsion bars will really help with the room. i should end up with the Mustang II brakes. I can get up to 13" rotors and go as crazy as I want with the calipers. Neat to have the ABS though.
On to the bad news though, NM State Taxation and Revenue has just removed $4k from my account. A-holes. I lived in Wyoming for a year and because I didn't change my drivers liscense I was still technically an NM resident. No change of plans, just delays.

For the record, a Gen 3 intake will go on a Gen 2... Just in case the look of the intake is pushing you toward the Gen 3.

swisswill.....are you serious? That is my reason for going with a GEN 3 on my project for the look of the intake... So what are the benefits of a GEN 2 over a GEN 3? Since you will have to find and add the cost of the GEN 3 intake to the price of a GEN 2...

Definitely serious. I'm already considering it. Forged bottom end is the biggest benefit of the Gen 2. Not that many guys ever get into them enough to necessitate the forged internals, but... That and it's cheaper!

cheaper and forged is there anything else to consider? i think that sums it up. then get the 3g intake. sounds the the ticket

i happened to pick up a V 10 98 dodge truck. Got the whole thing cheap! The truck got hit real hard in the front end. Currently my shop students and I will remove the cab and leave the entire drive train in tack. My goal is to have a running chassis/engine combo for [all electronics as well] troubleshooting and "educational purposes" A "cool" learing project. If you need some pix of components or wiring help. Let me know.

[email protected] will be the best way to reach me. Oh, by the way, this is a 67 front header panel as well as 67 grill pieces. 68 had "plymouth" on the left side of the header panel, not the letters individually layed out.

Attachments

• 68 Cuda.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 184
  • EppCuda.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 192
I've just heard that the conversion wtih the computer is easier with the Gen 3. I can also get one for about $1K more than the Gen 2 but the extra 50hp, the cool intake, and lower mileage is worth it.

-
Back