Virus

-
been on here since sept and never got a virus. i have my AA in computer science and haven't seen any sort of virus on here it would have to be linked to something specific you clicked on or page you visited that could have shared it.

I keep tryin to tell you guys---learn to use Linux. I use "Linux Mint."

You can partition your drive, and have both Whinehoard and Linux on the drive. Linux will recognize the Whenhozed partition, so if you are using Linux, and download a file you need to run in a Winedows program, you can transfer the file from Linux to Windoz

I rarely ever fire up Windod anymore except for some programs that I MUST run in Windows

Virus protection? Not really needed on Linux. And yeh, ....heh. "I've been to those places."

Ive been on here for 9 years and never had an issue. I keep my computer updated.

I have anti virus and still got it.I also got the same warning as I did from the b bodys site.My cumputer has tracked the virus back to this site.

I had a "spyware 2012 virus" really bad; so bad I had to have my computer taken to a shop

the virus takes over your computer and wants you to by fake spyware protection; then it will have your credit card info as well as everything on your computer

ok first any computer can get a virus. Its just people don't make as many for certain OS programs. problem with that is if that OS gets popular enough people will make them. so i stick with what i like and haven't had a virus in years. The thing with forum sites is that we post from our pc to this. so if a virus is made to attach to uploads then it could spread on here. also make sure you have a good anti-virus and its up to date. and every program ive came across will give false positives from time to time. generally the pc i work on i tell people get avg free and malwarebytes run them both and your set. ive test alot of programs with using known viruses and ones i made just for testing. avg and malwarebytes caught more than anyone.

I have anti virus and still got it.I also got the same warning as I did from the b bodys site.My cumputer has tracked the virus back to this site.

What does your computer list about this site?

Do you do Twitter? I heard something about Twitter and a virus being spread but I don't recall any details.

Malewarebytes Anti-Malware

11/15/2012 1:57:52 PM
mbam-log-2012-11-15 (13-57-52).txt
Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 369375
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 31 minute(s), 21 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Detected: 0
Registry Keys Detected: 0
Registry Values Detected: 0
Registry Data Items Detected: 0
Folders Detected: 0
Files Detected: 0
(end)

You can partition your drive, and have both Whinehoard and Linux on the drive. Linux will recognize the Whenhozed partition, so if you are using Linux, and download a file you need to run in a Winedows program, you can transfer the file from Linux to Windoz

I rarely ever fire up Windod anymore except for some programs that I MUST run in Windows

Virus protection? Not really needed on Linux. And yeh, ....heh. "I've been to those places."

x2 and it is free

no I dont use twitter but I know when I logged on here last night I got a warning that wedsite unsafe from nortions and then the screen when blure then black turned back on and it sad the computer had dumped and need to be restored.

In engrish pwease... I'm lucky I know how to turn it on...lol

if you download linux mint 13 image..and burn to dvd....install it in your dvd drive and boot from the dvd drive...it will walk you thru ....Mint will partition the drive to allow a dual boot set up...windoze and mint...

but as said about with a dual boot....it is nice to keep all your files (pictures and documents) on a separate partition from the two operating systems..

after you learn linux you will boot windows off your computer...

what i did was install one of the linux distro onto an old computer and learn how to use it...been using it for 4 or 5 yrs now...not an expert...but learning ....

-
Back