Visit today - Chrysler Museum

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
Today I got to go to the W.P. Chrysler museum. Had a great time. I will post pics once I am not on vacation. Only 2 days left until it is closed forever. If you can, Go. Time is short.

They say not to touch the cars. but I gently touched every one within arms reach (but i was gentle)

Today I got to go to the W.P. Chrysler museum. Had a great time. I will post pics once I am not on vacation. Only 2 days left until it is closed forever. If you can, Go. Time is short.

They say not to touch the cars. but I gently touched every one within arms reach (but i was gentle)

I didn't know they were closing it. I guess I will have to see it through your and other people's photos. Did they say they are going to be selling the cars?

Here is the answer to my question.

The Museum’s historic collection of 67 vehicles and displays will be purchased by Chrysler Group LLC, a move that will preserve the Company’s automotive heritage for future generations.

http://wpchryslermuseum.org/page.aspx?pid=508

I was right there today. Had I known you were there I'd have stopped in too.

I toured it in April of this year, when believe it or not I had to go make a presentation to Ford management for work at the AAI (Mazda and Ford Mustang) plant in Flat Rock MI. Wonderful cars and history (didn't see as many muscle cars as I thought would be there though) As I recall only one A body was there a 70 Duster in the basement section.

Mike

the duster and this dart...I would have expected a 64 cuda "first pony car" but...

Attachments

• 100_2222.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 332
my camera was janky today... must not like snow. But I got a couple of really cool pics.

Attachments

• 100_2323.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 330
  • 426vc.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 331
Cool, The Dart was not there when I went, I would for sure remembered it. Great place to visit.

Attachments

• 100_2264.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_2253.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 100_2165.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 322
I went with my son a few years ago and then went to another members place to get parts and help him part a car.

I went a couple weeks ago. They didnt have the lil red out, or the rod hall baja truck. Seems they have several more vehicles than they have room for and rotate them. Its sad for sure, hopefully they can do something else with them in the future besides park them in a warehouse.

Are they moving the cars also , or are they just closing to the public for good .

My club went up for a tour a couple weekends ago. Our guide said they are just closing for renovations, but I think he's a bit more optomistic than I am. IMO, Fiat doesn't care about the history of Chrysler; I'd be suprised if it ever opens again.

-
Back