Volare' Roadrunner ??

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I found one but my book don't have a value on these cars. It lists a Volare but doesn't mention the RR package add. It can be redone but has a bunch of good parts. It's an F body with buckets, discs, front sway bar and a V8. Any idea what these are worth? Not sure of the year but i think it would be 76 or newer.

It depends on condition, a decent RR is going around 6-10 but if it has much rust or needs a bit of work I would say 500-1500. Blue book is around 6500.
It all depends on the car and how much each party is willing to pay/take. I bought my '78 aspen for $50 but at the time it wasn't an R/T, and that has been about 9 years ago. http://www.aspenrt.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts
might be a good place to ask, and as always pics are better.
-Ross-

They generallly don't go for much and make for a good hot rod platform.
Condition dependent, anywhere from $500 rust bucket to $7000 for mint on top of mint condition. (Non R/T cars)
Draw backs are transverse T-bars. ISO mounted springs. I beileve you can get new rear spring U channels from Auto Rust tech out of R.I.

They can take a big block in the engine bay. Food for thought.

Had a '77 Roadrunner, watched them drive it off the truck. All the Roadrunner package consisted of was stripes and decals, a blacked out grille, and the beep-beep horn. Mine had buckets/console with floor shift, an AM/FM, 8 track, sunroof, and fold down rear seat. Loved that car. If it had a 383 it would be my all time favorite Mopar. It got me where I needed to be, on time, for 3 years and I would love to have another one. That's the problem with the value on the car. If I had the money the only question I would have is "How much do you want for it."

My old Cars price guide does not list RR either.

I know where a 78 RR with a 400 is sitting. Been at least the last 15 years since it was on the road. He had it in the garage for a while, now sitting outside. They are not worth much if any more than a standard Volare in same condition.

Guess I should go see what he wants for the roadrunner, I got the 8 3/4 rear end that he had put under it when the stock rearend broke after the 400 installed. He told me he had to buy special wheels for it, I knew then he had a small bolt pattern rearend in it. He just wanted a rearend with the spring perch's in the right place.

That would be the B body road runner not the F body.

I see more of these Aspen and Valore cars being bought and restored all the time. Its truley about the last "Muscle Car" built by Mopar! I once had a 76 Aspen R/T 360-4speed Black/Orange stripe which I used for parts due to rust and body damage! with a good carb, cam, and headers they could be brought to life! Parts could be bought at a good price too!

I used to own this one. Was an OD 4 speed and (supposedly) 1 of 127 with the striped interior

100_1942.jpg

100_1941.jpg

100_1940.jpg

100_1939.jpg

100_1937.jpg

100_1936.jpg

100_1935.jpg

100_1934.jpg

Dork not included!
100_1938.jpg

This one is a 76 model plymouth and has buckets with console auto. It looks to have an 8.25 rear, The seats are white. Dash has one crack and the speedo is 100 MPH. Rear spoiler is gone. The side window louvers are there but broken. One hole in floor pan. Grill is in back seat and there. Not sure what motor came in em. Haven't lifted the hood but the parts alone are worth the $500 he's asking. Did i mention it has a set of aluminum slotted rallys with good rubber on it. A set of rally mirrors both sides. I looked at it today and was waiting till i got home to check this post before committing. I'm going to by it tomorrow but does anyone know where to get any parts for em? I think i'll keep it and do it up. I sure need another project. I'll have Vic Storm post some pics tomorrow for ya. I may take it to MMW. Thanks guys.

What do you need? I have parted out around 6 of them. I think Casey ? is also into F bodies and could be a potential part source as well. check out these F body sites.

http://www.aspenrt.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts
http://aspenvolare.proboards52.com/index.cgi

The F bodies can really handle well with a few modifications like removing the iso crap and using fatman drop spindles to lower the front instead of cranking the t bars the wrong way. Auto rust tech makes subframe connectors and the set I just bought seem like that are decent quality. Firm feel has the aluminum body mounts for the front and moog makes a decent rebuild kit. Anyway I am rambling now so I will stop. Feel free to ask me any F body questions.
-Ross-

3f07.jpg

-
Back