Voltage Regulator Text

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have an NOS voltage regulator and an old OEM cover.

My plan is to strip the cover, repaint and re ink the markings.

I made 2 stamps, both are the same except the thickness of the font of the part number.

The color looked good online but as we all know color can be deceiving.

Infact it doesn't even show up on a black background.

Keep in mind the metal they are stamped on has a grain and I have stamped the stamp 10 to 15 times so my technique is not perfect
Also in stamp #2 I wiggled a bit so the part number is slightly shifted.

Question
Which stamp looks the closest to OEM.

OEM
PXL_20210714_231001747.jpg

Stamp #1
PXL_20210714_231010074.jpg

Stamp #2
PXL_20210714_231016773.jpg

I am thinking about a negative vinyl transfer and some spray paint, stencle style

Nice work! Close enough most wouldn't know the difference without an original to reference, but sure adds the little touch to make the engine bay look 'right'.

The other thing is--how much did they change over the years. Until you've looked at them from 62--69 and a "few" of each you might find that they've changed.

The other thing is--how much did they change over the years. Until you've looked at them from 62--69 and a "few" of each you might find that they've changed

I have seen:

The text centered over itself:

No part number:

Screenshot_20210714-192336.png
Screenshot_20210714-192217.png
Screenshot_20210714-192158.png
s-l400.jpg

no way to know what is the most correct.

Last edited:
#2 close. I did this same thing about 5 years ago. I took cover to a local company that makes stamps and got two stamps made. One for part number and another for warning. I could be wrong but iirc the original factory ones were stamped with yellow and ones with red/orange were dealer replacements. Now let's see what others say about how wrong I am.

If the replacement is still in a box, the mopar logo changed in '71.
No idea on th eas built vs over the counter. Might be a something in one of the moparts threads with guys like Scott Smith Harms.

The main thing I notice about aftermarket vs OEM is the OEM cover goes over the part that the screws go through.

I bought one from a wrecking yard a few years ago that had the flaps but no IGN or FLD stamping, and the area that mates to the cork gasket was different.

Last edited:
-
Back