Voodoo.

-
im gonna say .842 but that's just a guess that's not worth the screen its wrote on .

Voodoo 705 Ford FE 1.73 rocker corrected to 1.5:1, 284/292 advertised, 241/249 @ .050", .505"/.520" 110 LSA 106 ICL

Voodoo 705 SB Chevy 1.5 rockers 284/292 advertised, 241/249 @ .050", 525"/.546", 110 LSA 106 ICL

Voodoo 705 big block Chrysler 1.5 rockers, 284/292 advertised 242/252 @ .050", .533"/.552", 110 LSA 106 ICL.

Which lifter do you think the Mopar cam is ground for?

Thanks guy's;was also wondering if there is any way you can calculate if you are going to have enough valve to piston clearance before you buy your cam. Or is it just buy it and try it?
Thanks; Rick.

My guess is the answer lies in the variations in lift. all the cam specs use 1:5 rockers and have all the same specs, except the lift. So how can the lift change from engine to engine with the same rockers and the same cam?

There is also a touch more duration on the mopar cam.

But I'm going to go with answer "D". Doesn't matter. Buy the cam that has the specs you want/need from a company you feel makes quality camshafts.

Type in your browser "lunatipower" for there webs site and read up on what cams they have to take max advantage of the 904 lifter. You maybe surprised. Seriously, go do some reading.

The VooDoo line is not ".904 specific". The Mopar versions of their cams use a slightly more aggressive lobe than some others, but it's not maxed out for the .904 diameter.

Hence my post above sense many seem to tell me I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about. Perhaps if they read Lunati's web site.....

LMAO, who am I kidding, they argue with Lunati tech and tell them they also have no idea what there selling.

Type in your browser "lunatipower" for there webs site and read up on what cams they have to take max advantage of the 904 lifter. You maybe surprised. Seriously, go do some reading.

Seriously; i am more than sure that most of the questions on the forms could be answered buy reading or phoning companies.I thought asking people there opinion on subjects was the whole idea with this board.Why would any one pay this board if they can just go read it some where else.......Rick......

Well, since your new here, my apologies, you missed a good bit of people telling me I have no F'in clue about what you asked for. The comment is directed to the whole board. Not just you, so don't feel singled out. It was in conjunction or in a convo along with mopers resonse. As if I was leaning into his ear and telling him loud enough for all to hear.

So, since some people like to tell me I don't know jack about what your asking about, I just say, look it up yourself on the web site and realize what I said was true, right from the horses mouth on there very own web site.

I have no reason to lie.
I have no reason to give advise when I don't know what it is or how to go about it.
I'm not trashing someones product if I have not used it.
I'm not going to tell you somethingis great if I have not used it.

Again, don't feel singled out.
And those who said to me in the past I have no clue on what I'm tralking about. Go read Lunati's web site and kiss my *** there after. I told ya so.

I am sure your a great guy Rob and i thought you where directing it just to me.My engine smarts is more than limited. I need the advice.
So my apologies to you......Love Rick.....

No apologies needed, thank you though.

Never said you don't know anything rumble. Nor did I intend to have it seem so.

As you say to reference the catalog here's some truth for those interested:

Lunati does not reference anything Mopar specific. Here are quotes from their catalog:
Pg 144 - Chevy hydraulic flat tappet cams:
" Voodoo: Lunati's Voodoo series of camshafts deliver more area under the curve than any other series of camshafts. This means more throttle response, quicker acceleration, more vacuum and better efficiency. These factors, combined with maximum horsepower and torque, make Voodoo camshafts the perfect choice for a wide range of high performance applications."
Pg 20 - Chrysler LA small block flat tappet cams:
"Voodoo: Lunati's Voodoo series of camshafts deliver more area under the curve than any other series of camshafts. This means more throttle response, quicker acceleration, more vacuum and better efficiency. These factors, combined with maximum horsepower and torque, make Voodoo camshafts the perfect choice for a wide range of high performance applications.

In comparing the duration @ .050 of the SBC (#10120703) to a similar version in LA Mopar (10200703) cam, the Chevy cam has 1° more on the intake, 1° less on exhaust. There is a slight bit more lift on the Mopar - which in turn means it has a little more advertised duration than the SBC version. But that is a very, very minute difference and in a part of the lobe that has less of an effect than lower lifts where rate of lift is crucial.

The VooDoo line puts more area under the curve as compared to other shelf grind profiles. But it does not use rates of lift that are mopar specific or risky with an .842 lifter.

I'll continue to say cam lobes have no clue what engine they're in, and no shelf camshaft for a Mopar (possibly excluding some Hughes grinds) will push the rate-of-lift envelope far enough to be unsafe with a smaller lifter. Custom lobes are another story - but nobody warrantees custom grinds so they don't care if it fails.

That's the truth as indicated by looking at the published lobe design info - not listening to the sales people or literature. Sorry for any perceived attack.

I just ordered a Hughes Cam for my 440. Have used them in other builds too with great success.

-
Back