W/2's or Edelbrock?

-

Mopar Dan

Reaction score
My son & I are thinking of putting together a 408. Have a set of used w/2's that came w/ car. They have been ported but we havent flowed them yet. dont know if should screw with or go Edelbrock, Indys little pricey??? :salut:

The w-2's can make more power than the Eddy's. I wouldn't buy Indy's for my lawn mower but that's another long story.

Have the W2s flowed, then make the call. W2s are a better head, but depending on what kind, you may need special rocker gear, intake, and headers, and they arent cheap. I'd want to know how good they are before I spent anything to keep them. Not all porting is what works.

Thanks for the reply guys.Sorry for the duplication, I'm all new to the site. I thought the eddys needed porting to wake them up? Does you're ref. to indy mean the rod deal? And yea its to bad a company in our sport-in the US-gets to large & forgets how they got there. These w/2's I don't have any history on, but they ported into the hd. bolt & the're sleeved & the soft plugs have a waranty void if rem. pad on them. It bothers me that I dont know how far they've been milled etc. We got them dirt cheap w/intake. We also got all rocker gear, valves & springs inst. I'd like to use but thinking can of worms $$$$--been down that road!!

They are the only game in town for a lot of mopar aftermarket stuff and they know it.
Thier stuff makes good power but I refuse to deal with them ever again because thier customer service is non-existant. Like I said, I'll switch brands if I am ever stuck buying from them.

If it was mine, I'd find a REPUTABLE cylinder head guy and have them checked out. Cast heads are heavier but they don't move around either or grow/shrink either. Since you got the rocker gear and a intake use them.

don

dusterdon said:
If it was mine, I'd find a REPUTABLE cylinder head guy and have them checked out. Cast heads are heavier but they don't move around either or grow/shrink either. Since you got the rocker gear and a intake use them.

don

If they check out good and you have the stuff, it's worth it..But I'd have them flow tested. A ton of air at .700 lift isnt going to help on a street/strip enigne with a .550 cam.

If they check out good and you have the stuff, it's worth it..But I'd have them flow tested. A ton of air at .700 lift isnt going to help on a street/strip enigne with a .550 cam.

Truer words have never been spoken...Terry.

Well I pulled valves out of one hd.& taking to hd. shop tomorrow to ck. flow??? These would only be drag hds. if ok;-weal see?? One thing I found odd is the rocker shaft hold dn. blocks,they have holes 90% apart and also in the m/p books they're talking about a bolt & spacer deal for ported hds.? I didn't get bolts. Any help guys? ,remember I'm an old school big blk. guy

-
Back