W-5 Cylinder Head Package

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will these bolt on an LA engine or do they have to be run on an r3 race block? Anyone know??

They will bolt on an LA engine. They are closed chamber, though, so they don't work with most 340s without new pistons or lots of careful measuring.

These are not ported yet, so they won't flow worth a crap. They also require the W2 rockers and stands. They have awesome potential, but are not cheap at all to get working.

Out of the box Edelbrock heads out-flow these heads as they sit. If someone puts time and money into them, they are the best 59 degree head you can buy.

They also require a different intake, and the exhaust flange is its own, too.

Yes..the are lousey heads....so please dont bid on them...

need new rockers..intake..headers...rockers shafts and stands... too expensive...

They're great heads if you want to really go fast. But for what most people are going to build, they are more expensive than they need. A lot of people buy parts without knowing what else may be necessary to make them work.

As they sit, you will need expensive rockers,shafts and stands, expensive headers non-stock length valves, expensive springs, and custom pushrods just to put them together and have them perform no better than Edelbrock heads that can use mostly stock parts.

Now, if you wanna drop some coin on the porting their tiny ports need, buy all of that expensive stuff, and then build a very serious bottom end, then they're excellent heads.

LOL @ Cool Tom, I have a W-5 intake on my wall purchased by mistake.

Which one? I still haven't decided on which intake to run on my W5s.

What do you want for wall flower>?

I need a second one....

I'm on vacation now, and also have an issue with computers right now. I'll search for a shot that should be here on A bodies only. It is the small runner single plane intake "BRAND NEW" "NEVER" bolted on an engine. I purchased it from a fellow member (Sorry, screen name escapes me right now)

He didn't know it was a W5 being a Rb guy and I have no use for it. I paid and will resell it for $150. It is perfect in every way as in a OOTB condition.

It looks like the one in this thread; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=97387

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back