W2 dual exhuast bolt pattern

-

999yards

Reaction score
I'm assuming this means I don't have to specify w2 heads when ordering headers?

Assumed wrong. Kind of, Here's why.

If you do not make a mention that you have W2 heads, you get regular headers. This will give you a port miss match. This is not a big deal on mild motors.

But how builds a mild W2?

Spec a W2 head and the price goes up a good bit.

So I take it the port miss-match is not enough so that it can not be matched by hand with basic head porting tools. I guess I will visit tti's site and check out the cost difference. Thanks

So I take it the port miss-match is not enough so that it can not be matched by hand with basic head porting tools. I guess I will visit tti's site and check out the cost difference. Thanks

entirely different portshape, i think most stock type headers will bolt on and might seal up fine on W2 heads with the stock boltpatern but it will be a restriction for sure.

TTI headers will cost about the same nomather what flange they are made with,so if you are anyway getting new headers just get the right partnumber in the first place!

True! 100%
Tti would probably be the best to get. Hedman would be for racing.

there is also two different bolt patterns for w2 headers...

1. Your cylinder head center bolt hole pattern spread must measure 3-15/16" from the center of the left bolt hole to the center of the right bolt hole for these headers to fit

2.Your cylinder head center bolt hole pattern spread must measure 4-3/4" from the center of the left bolt hole to the center of the right bolt hole for these headers to fit

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Category-Headers/340W2178/Dual-Bolt-Pattern-Head.jpg

I used tti web site as an example

These heads have the dual bolt pattern, so they have both the 3-5/16 and 4-3/4 spreads? I could measure them but they are not with me at the moment. Looks like I will be calling tti and Dougs. I have read a lot of debate about fenderwell or not. It seems like if a guy doesn't mind cutting the fenderwell, which I don't, it may be a more user friendly way to go maintenance wise.

BTW the first time I posted here "I really need some advice" thread I was going with a somewhat of a budget build. Now the thing has turned into a 408 stroker with w2 offset roller rockers on a shaft heads. Guess I'll be searching and asking about traction in a couple months.

Thanks

Dont know what A body you have but...67-76 w2 headers...you will not find any fenderwell headers for them....Doug does not W2 headers either...

you got TTi....hooker and Hedman headers ......

dont think JR or Stahl is making them...from what I read Stahl is closing the door....

Ah thanks. Its a 66 Barracuda

That might make it even more difficult to find w2 headers....

maybe someone can point ya in the right direction....have not seen those for sale in a long time..

Hmm. Looks like my option must be to buy headers for early a body and weld a W2 flange. I see Schoenfeld sells the flange for $30.00

-
Back