W2 headers

-

Dartthunder340

Reaction score
What type headers are you W2 guys running? I'll be in the market for some soon and wanted to do some research on it. I have a set of regular Hooker Super Comps that I used when I was using a different set of heads, and used these when I put my W2's on, but I feel like I would be leaving some on the table if I went that way again. I did it because I was in a hurry and that was all I had. I have the connection to have a set built while I'm doing some other work to the car but I wondered if you guys had a better idea. Thanks.

currently using Hooker 5322 2 inch headers on 69 barracuda.

best header for racing would be Hedman 1 7/8 with 3 1/2 collectors...

the hedman will have one tube going out thru the fender well on each side..number 7 & 8 cylinders...

best fitting w2 header would be tti...as none of them go outside the fender well

Want headers that work, go hedman hustlers

tti aren't even in the same ball park as the hedmans.

that figures,anyone want to trade tti;s for hedman huslers?lol...

I had Headmans as well 2" and have to use adapter plates too

+1 here. I'm still running them. They assemble in pieces which make them easier to install and remove. One tube from each side must go through the fender well (sounds like you have that covered).

What about under chassis headers?

the only ones i know about are the TTi...

the hooker and hedman both have one pipe out the fenderwell..

i got a set of stahl or Jr...dont remember if they do or not...they are buried in the shed...

Thanks dude. I'm tryin to set up a W2/360 Duster now.

If you cut the flanges on the Heddmans they slip in and out a lot easier. In fact IIRC I have taken mine off the Duster without even raising the car off the ground.

I had a set of JR headers and 1 tube went through the inner fender. I now use an old pair of 1 7/8 x 3" Hamburger headers. They come in pieces and do not require cutting the inner fender. These unfortunately are no longer made.

-
Back