-
Status
Not open for further replies.

klrfish1968

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of w2 headers for an A body. Would like a set of TTI step headers, but they aren't making any more till the end of October. I'm not stuck on those, but anything that runs tube through the fender well is off my list. I don't really know what's out there, so what do y'all have? Motor is a 340. Car is a '68 Barracuda. The last go 'round made 507hp, so I'm guessing it should be in the neighborhood of 600hp now. Need some headers...

Just wait till October and have your car ready for next summer?
I did see some Hedman hustler headers somewhere posted for sale... I think it was this site or ebay

Hedman Hustlers shoot one tube through the fender. I don't have room for that. And if I don't find anything between now and November then I guess I'll wait. I'm REALLY dying to hear it run!

so if you're at 600, why not step up from step to Race headers from TTI.

If there is any port work on those W2's, you will need a big header to take advantage of it.

For those who ask about larger tubes.. these heads do not have the wide bolt pattern on the exhaust side. You can peen an 1 3/4" tube to clear the exhaust bolts (studs in my case), but the tubes are actually bigger than the port, hence, the 'step header'. It comes off the head with 1 5/8" tubes, (the actual size of the port), then steps up to 1 7/8". This enhances flow AND allows one fairly easy access to the header bolts. Plus the TTI's don't go under the tie rods, which gives more ground clearance.

Actually TTIs W2 Step headers are 1-5/8 to 1-3/4 with 3 inch collectors and the Race are 1-7/8 to 3.5 collectors. Just went through this change on mine. Too bad your heads aren't the dual pattern.

Yeah. Way too bad. Those are the ones TTI actually has. The tube won't fit between the bolt holes, which is jacked up, because I just took a set of 1 3/4 tube off the X heads that we on it. Not sure how that works..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back