W2 Heads

-
I‘m looking at T&D steel rockers for my junk. I’m just not a fan of pushrod oiling.

I get that.
that said, I pushrod oiled for years, absolutely never a blued pushrod, or any issues whatsoever. 7500 at the stripe every pass. Just plain perfect stuff.
in fact, those Jesels are still in use to this day with new owner. I bought them circa 2003???
Think they were 799 a set then, probably close to twice that now.
only issue s skimming the correct amount of metal off the heads when initially installing them.
sweet spot ended up being right at .250 if I remember correctly.
big *** pushrods too..7/16 exhaust, 3/8 intake, another reason for not having any issues

I‘m looking at T&D steel rockers for my junk. I’m just not a fan of pushrod oiling.

Back around 2008 or so when I ordered my Keith Black block not getting it drilled for pushrod oiling could have been a major issue. Luckily Tom Hemphill was close and drilled the block for me. When I had the 440-1 Indy heads it wasn’t an issue but when I rebuilt it with B1 heads I would have had to go with spray bar oiling which I’m not a fan of.

I am not either as shaft oiling is all I have ever known. Assuming one already has a shaft oiling block and heads, what is required to convert to pushrod oiling? Just curious. Thanks.

To convert to pushrod oiling you would need lifters that pushrod oil, hollow pushrods, Rocker arm system that uses pushrod oiling like Jessel or T&D, mill the head pedestals to accept new rocker system and block the oil to the heads with a different gasket or install a threaded insert into the head oil passages in the block or head.

Thanks all. I did dig up my Dominator carbs for this W2 head path I am on. I am very rusty on the knowledge (if any LOL) I had when I bought these and whether these will pan out. They are 1050 CFM Dominators. Here's one and box label to go with it. Comments appreciated.

IMG_20221213_195447.jpg

IMG_20221213_195525.jpg

Thanks all. I did dig up my Dominator carbs for this W2 head path I am on. I am very rusty on the knowledge (if any LOL) I had when I bought these and whether these will pan out. They are 1050 CFM Dominators. Here's one and box label to go with it. Comments appreciated.

View attachment 1716022271

View attachment 1716022272

Holley says discontinued 1050 3 circuit carb.

It has an .053 idle air bleed. Unless it has a .018 idle feed restricter that’s too damn small.

You *might* need that 3rd circuit IF you are around 340 inches or so. Over 380 inches and you probably don’t need it unless you are running an oxygenated fuel.

Thanks! Right now trying to find the gasket sealing upper and lower sections of that Holley Pro Dominator manifold. I find nothing out there. The SB Chevy gasket looks like it might be the same (Holley PN 108-79) so I ordered one for $17 to try. If not I will have to make it. Linkage is a challenge as well but I will get there I suppose.

Thanks! Right now trying to find the gasket sealing upper and lower sections of that Holley Pro Dominator manifold. I find nothing out there. The SB Chevy gasket looks like it might be the same (Holley PN 108-79) so I ordered one for $17 to try. If not I will have to make it. Linkage is a challenge as well but I will get there I suppose.

Linkage I could probably help you with

The Chevy gasket is the same. All the Pro Dominator tops and gaskets interchange.

You can also make a gasket for that pretty easy.

I‘ll say it again. IMO, the PD is the BEST as cast intake manifold ever made. Period.

It will beat some very expensive sheet metal intakes.

I’m paying attention to the linkage thing. It have a M1-TR to work with later.

Still mocking up the whole deal. Linkage still in the works with expected headaches.

IMG_20221222_213352.jpg
Found these "tin can" screen air filters to go with it all.

Last edited:
Every center pivot bracket I've used seems to be tilted inward and not vertical. Bugs me. Until in car, won't know if OK. Also washers under bracket to keep from grinding knob off intake or modifying bracket. Washers work for now.

IMG_20221230_174417 (2).jpg

Throttle return spring strategy so far. One for each carb I suppose meets rules. It is below shaft center but not as much as I would like.

IMG_20221231_193444.jpg

Hi Rob. Yes the linkage is new. Enderle 73-109. The carb throttle lever bushing supplied with it did not match the connecting holes on my Dominator carb lever. I scoured McMaster-Carr and bought some thermoplastic flanged sleeve bearings which were a perfect fit. Part # 2705T116. I could not match dimensional requirements to any metal bearing they had. So I bought some backups in case these don't hold up. I think they will though.

Thanks! Most helpful. I’m currently carbless unless I run twin Edelbrock AFB 600’s. Which would be OK for the street but not really what I’m after for the track.

Mounting screen filter is different since you cannot pull down on screen. Underneath used 1" spacer and rubber washer to allow for pull down adjustment. Blue Loctite on Carb stud.
IMG_20230104_165454.jpg

Self locking nut on top. Working on fuel line now...
IMG_20230104_185754.jpg

-
Back