W2 intake collection

-
Found these pictures on another FABO page.
ld340-ta-jpg.jpg

ld340ta-2-jpg.jpg

Nice! From a member here?
I can add a few W2 intakes pictures to the mix if you want.
Sorry for the delay. Between being on vacation and away from home, I was and still am having a problem getting pictures off my phone onto FABO

So this is what I have inside the house and EZ to get.
While staying warm! LOL!
The powder coated MP standard port TR done by @CudaChick1968 in Alien Silver is standing up and is otherwise identical to the laying down MP W2 TR.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Below are a pair of W2 intakes purchased throughFABO members, Thanks again fellas.

The painted one is a MP W2 street intake. "Street" because of the water heat to under the plenum area. It does have a "Air Gap" area to keep the runner cool (isn?)

Next to it is a Holley "Street Dominator" intake for the W2. It also has the same exact water heat passage as the M1 BUT no air gap area around the runners. These are pretty close to identical except!!!! In addition to the openair area on the M1, the carb entrance is different and the Holley's runners are a bit more narrow.

These have been collected by me for messing around with later.

IMG_0183.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0741.jpg
IMG_0743.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
iPhone Pictures up to Jan 2014 181.jpg
iPhone Pictures up to Jan 2014 197.jpg

I ran one of those M1s on my last W2 motor. Not sure why I got the water heated one cuz that Badboy wasnt going anywhere if the roads were snowy or even cold !

Is that M1 Red or Hemi Orange ? If its Orange it might be my old one..

mbaird,

When you reworked your Mopar dual plane, did you do any work to the entry side of manifold, or strictly a port matching?

Just port matched .
And my intake ports ( Ryan @ Shady Dell) are pretty much gasket sized.

I don't think there are any racing classes that allow this mamifold so I doubt I hurt future value.

Can someone take a picture of a W2 intake gasket laid on top of a standard LA head or intake? I want to see other than the bolt holes, how much work it would be to match the port shape on an RPM Air Gap.

Thanks. Not a walk in the park filling in the corner radii on the LA side, but should be doable.

The question is, is there room or enough meat to make the work to be done possible?

Well, we know it's been done before, or at least claimed to have been with good results. But I can't find an pictures of the mods. I just finished mounting the Air Gap on the motor last weekend so I can't verify on it. It's just bench racing at this point in the process until I fall into deal on some W2 heads. What guys are able to accomplish with the new TF head or a more capable follow up and their new intake may make it a moot point.

I am pretty sure it would take a pile of welding rod or bulk cast aluminum burned in to the outside of the runners towards the flange to have enough material to make it happen.

-
Back