W2 Intake rocker arm [ OFF-SET ] info needed !!

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
OK , somebody school me on above topic , do we have info already on site about the off-set on intake rockers from 340 TA heads & W2 plus differences in the two as far as off-set ?

Is there a list with photos showing off-set on Iron and alum rocker arm offerings ?

Thanks Chris

OK , somebody school me on above topic , do we have info already on site about the off-set on intake rockers from 340 TA heads & W2 plus differences in the two as far as off-set ?

Is there a list with photos showing off-set on Iron and alum rocker arm offerings ?

Thanks Chris

If you go on Harlan Sharps website and look around I’m pretty sure all the needed info will be there.

TA rockers are .500
W2 Rocker are .770

offset on the intake...
Everything is in my garage...lol

Not sure if anyone can identify the off-set on these rockers but previous owner installed these for Reference
These are on Mullen cyl heads.

IMG_5956.jpg

Those look like w2 offset to me, but it's hard to tell without a tape measure.

So are you needing TAs or W2s?

Not sure if anyone can identify the off-set on these rockers but previous owner installed these for Reference
These are on Mullen cyl heads.

View attachment 1715651801
More than likely, you need T/A rockers, since those heads you have were before W2s were produced. Makes sense they would use rockers that were available at the time, which would be T/A

To me it looks like the rockers in the picture above are Norris W2 but they appear to have too much offset. If you look at the intake rocker on the left side of the picture it does not appear to line up with the pushrod hole below it. I would venture to guess that those heads require T/A rockers with a .500” offset. Again, just my guess from looking at the picture. YMMV.

Those look like w2 offset to me, but it's hard to tell without a tape measure.

So are you needing TAs or W2s?
Not sure seller couldn't confirm , when heads get back I will put shafts on head and try to figure it out , other member is probably correct TA rockers most likely needed. I have several sets of W2 rockers also.

Not sure seller couldn't confirm , when heads get back I will put shafts on head and try to figure it out , other member is probably correct TA rockers most likely needed. I have several sets of W2 rockers also.

Those are Norris W2 rockers. IMO that’s the best rocker out there. You can use the on T/A offset heads if the pushrods don’t hit anything.

You also have to relocate the oil feed holes in the shafts to the W2 offset.

I'm in need of a full set of W2 rockers, shafts and blocks for a set of Diamond/Elkins square ported "810" W2 heads. Would you be interested in selling a set?

To me it looks like the rockers in the picture above are Norris W2 but they appear to have too much offset. If you look at the intake rocker on the left side of the picture it does not appear to line up with the pushrod hole below it. I would venture to guess that those heads require T/A rockers with a .500” offset. Again, just my guess from looking at the picture. YMMV.

Agreed.... At first glance I thought they looked more offset than the set I had .

I'm in need of a full set of W2 rockers, shafts and blocks for a set of Diamond/Elkins square ported "810" W2 heads. Would you be interested in selling a set?
I would sale a set but cant just yet until heads get back and figure out what im going to need etc , basically previous owner didn't give me much info as far as what the Mullin heads require that's why im having to ask a bunch of questions

That I cant say since I have never owned Norris T/A rockers.
Is the diameter is the same ? I would assume so.... compare the bolt spacing to a standard shaft . If both diameter and spacing are the same then yes I would say.

If this is the case can I use W2 shafts or TA shafts ?

I was saying those rockers look to have more offset than W2s. It may just be the angle of the picture .
Norris made rockers for many applications .

Ten 4 , I bought [2] sets of Rockets beautiful shafts so when heads come home I will check ,T&D also makes some nice complete set ups for TA heads so eventually I will get it figured out thanks for info.

-
Back