Wagon update

-

Ozcuda

gotta love a MOPAR
Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

Ok haven't updated our progress for awhile on how the wagon is going been to th strip on Sunday finally got the wagon to run under 13 seconds.

So far here is what we have.

1963 Valiant wagon
Motor
360 + "40" V8 hyper flat top pistons
Comp cam 227-4 hyd .525 lift
J heads ported polished 2.02 inlet 1.65 Ex double springs
Roller rockers 1.5 ratio
Edelbrock Performer duel plan inlet manifold
750cfm vac sec carb
custom 4 into 1 headers with 2 1/2 pipes & straight though mufflers
Accel electronic dizzy & super stock coil
Trans
727 auto
2500 stall
stage 2 shift kit
HD cluches & bands
Rear
3.9 to 1 LSD.
Tyres
M/T street slicks 235 60 15's

I have added spring clamps to the front section of the rear springs
& fabricated & welded in a set of chassis connectors.

2 drag meetings ago we ran 13.6 had theengine tuned after that meeting carb was rejetted & dizzy recurved they found another 23 HP. Then at the next meeting we ran 13.4.

On Sunday with the new headers & chassis connector we ran 12.911.

We are over the moon that we cracked the 13 seconds here is a time slip & pic of the old wagon. & don't look at the date they stuffed it up didn't really matter as it was a close event with only 50 cars we just keep running & lining up all day.

I have just brought a edelbrock RPM air gap just not sure what carb to go with. I'am also looking a some 90/10 front shocks how with the shocks improve my times???

Future plans are to build a new stroker motor but were happy for now as we know there is still more to be found in what we have we shocked a lot of the Ford & GM boys at the strip so I happy & another good thing is we drove the 2 hours to & from the strip which make it just that little bit sweeter.

12.911 time slip.jpg

2010_04110031 (Small).JPG

Cool, way to show all the "short roofs" that we can go fast too! (and we can haul the wife, kids, picnic baskets,chairs,etc......) LOL

Thanks for the encouragement guy's now we just need to fine tune everything & see what we get out of it before spending more $$$.

-
Back