WAGONS!!! wagon options....

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
What options do you guys have on the wagon that are quite rare???

I know there are a couple of 4 speed wagons here.

How about disc brakes? a/c? roof racks?

List your options.

I will list mine first...
273 2bbl
904 auto
a/c
disk brakes
roof rack
power steering
glove box lock

:read2::read2::read2: let's see some options folks!!!!

well you know mine steve.

63 valiant v200

luggage rack
seat belts (accessory in 1963)
dash pad
outside left mirror (accessory in 1963)

a 4 speed sure would be cool.

My old 1965 Dart 270 wagon had;

273x2 bbl
4 speed
A/C
Roof rack
Wind deflectors
Radio w/antenna
Front and rear bumperguards
Full wheel covers
Back-up lights
Front seat belts

Mine came very basic as a 270 model
225 /6
Pushbutton automatic
AM radio
Front seat belts only

It will have or already does
V8 with 4bbl
floor shift automatic
Seat belts for 5
Reverse lights
Rear air deflectors/air sweeps
Front bumperettes
Power tailgate
Luggage rack

Not an A-body and not mine, but I tried to buy it.

71 Sport Satellite N code 383 HP in FK5 Burnt orange with 15x7 ralleys, roof rack, duel sports mirrors, disk brakes, 150 MPH speedo. The engine and the front seat was gone. Other than that. It was all there. I have a few pics and will try to find them. The car was sitting in a wrecking yard in Idaho. Has since been crushed.

Love to hear about them. Like the wind deflectors. I forgot I have full wheel covers too.

Anyone else with disc??

I think Mine was a pretty stock 65 270 Dart Wagon. Slant, 3 on tree (now 4 on floor) power rear window.

Dart2-xsm.jpg

oh boy wait till mr. waggin himself sees this thread he has some sick wagons im sure hw will post pics of them

My 65 Dart 270 wagon was pretty basic - slant 6, 904, PS and heater. Not even a radio.

Hey you got power steering. Mine is manual everything, but it does have a AM radio and the dash switch for the rear window.
Anyone know where I can get a straight rear bumper cheap? I am just building a driver, or building on a driver (have 500 miles on it so far)

Anyone know where I can get a straight rear bumper cheap? I am just building a driver, or building on a driver (have 500 miles on it so far)

The rear bumper is a standard Valiant/Barracuda rear bumper. Bumper brackets are wagon-specific.

So I can use a bumper off of any 63-66 Valiant, Dart, or Barracuda? Or not Dart?

Can't say for sure about a 63 and 66, but definitely a 64/65 Valiant or Barracuda. A Dart wagon is in reality a Valiant wagon with a Dart front clip on it.

Can't say for sure about a 63 and 66, but definitely a 64/65 Valiant or Barracuda. A Dart wagon is in reality a Valiant wagon with a Dart front clip on it.

Umm no

The rear quarter is shaped different due to lead in of tail light lense and such. The Dart wagon bumpers are different on the sides and cut back a little different plus don't have holes to bolt to the end supports like a standard car, they use a rubber block that the bumper registers off of. I showed SlantScamp the difference with a Dart Wagon bumper and a standard as he was told they are all the same. I have both but will have to take a picture. It's easier to show the difference with pics of course and I hope it helps.

Where my wagon had the roof rack dealer install air and my specil v/6 3.9 fuei injection with overdrive with 8 1/4 3;55 posi What a bllast to drive

I think wagons are so cool 8) waggin has a dandy he built :cheers:
Give him time and he will jump in here and show you :happy10:
I have pictures of it =P~ But he will post them up =P~

Here is what I turned into a wagon :-D 66 Sedan Valiant 100

66Valiantmm.jpg

Valiant station wagons (A-bodies, all of them) were built in Australia right through to the end in 1981. These Australian-built wagons were the ones sold in South Africa. Some of the ones sold in South Africa through 1970 got US Dart or Valiant front sheetmetal to match the US-body sedans in the South African model lineup.

Here's a '67-'68 VE model:

68Valiant_Safari1.jpg

68Valiant_Safari2.jpg

The '68-'70 VF model used the same body shell, but had a new grille treatment (very much like the US '69 Chevrolet), front park/turn lamps moved to the fender tops(!), and the tail/brake/turn lamps and related sheetmetal at the back were revised.

The '70-'71 VG model was the same as the VF except it had a new grille and new rectangular headlamps (and the new Hemi-6 engine, which was not installed on cars sold outside the Australian market...export 6-cylinder cars got the Slant-6).

The VH model, released in '71, was the all-new body shell that was used on all Australian-built Valiants through to '81. Headlamp, taillamp, grille, and trim styling was twiddled and tweaked over the decade, but that's it. Here's an '81 CM station wagon:

81cmwag.jpg

And here's a quick paste-together of the two facing pages in the '70 South African Valiant brochure. It's not perfect, because the scans aren't perfect, but it gives a fairly good idea of what a '70 A-body wagon with '70 Dart front sheetmetal looks like:

70ValiantSafariRSA.jpg

-
Back