walk thru install of sway bar bushings HELP?

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I ordered these sway bar bushings from PST. I think he said all he had was Poly. I am trying to get them on my stock sway bar for my 72 Demon. The brackets totally enclose the bushing. What is the best way to install these. They look tough to do. Should I slice them on the flat bottom? Or do I slide them over the end which seems to be really difficult. Do I slide the brackets over them after the Poly is slid on the bar. That too looks difficult. Any help from those who have already suffered with these would be a great Turkey Day Gift for me. Thanks and have a GREAT Thanksgiving....

Mine had a cut in them already, IIRC.

Just remove the bracket, (I put a little sil-glyde inside the bushing), slipped them over the bar, and tightened the bracket over the new bushings.

Hi, I did mine on my 67 Barracuda. If you have the triangular brackets that the bushings go in to; you'll need to cut them open, install the bushings, put them on the sway bar. It's important to keep track of left and right sides as well as the orientation of the sway bar its self. This sounds crazy; once you got them on and close to where they need to be on the bar... weld them closed. you'll need a bench vice and someone to hold the bar because it will be all wonkey and awkward. the bushing wont burn. Once cool, a little graphite grease and side/rotate the brackets to their proper position and install.

I went with rubber, slid bushing over sway bar then used a vice and a couple vice grips and WD-40 to work the bushing into the bracket.

-
Back