Walking Dead.. just me?

-

BB73Challenger

Reaction score
So me and the family have been watching the series from the beginning.
And we for the most part have enjoyed it.
Now that things have been doing well for the show itself, is it just me or have the episodes been kind of drawn out?

Also... it is driving me NUTS that people are still driving around.
Even IF you have "scavenged" gas for the past year to 2 years since the apocalypse, it surely would be no good anymore at this point in time, no?
I've had gas go bad in 3 months!
And while I'm at it.. these zombies must be getting ripe, falling apart, dying from starvation at this point too, right?
Why not head north, surely they must freeze and not move in the winter months, no? At least start a fire and get some sleep.
And lastly.. Man is a zombie noisy TILL THEY ARE RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU!
I mean, you can hear them moanin' and groanin' all the time, unless they are on the other side of a door you are going to open or they are sneaking up behind you.

OK, I'm done. And I'm sure some things that happen or are written are for the sake of keeping the show moving, but is there anything else that drives you nuts?
Is it just me?
Am I the only one watching?
What do you think?

I'm just tired of filler episodes. Where nothing happens and the plot doesn't move at all.

Didn't they cover the starvation part last season? I can suspend reality for most of this stuff.

Read the story it's waaaayyy better!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760"]The Walking Dead: Compendium One: Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Tony Moore: 9781607060765: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I to have been following the show since episode 1. I still love watching the show and Im excited every Sunday when it comes on. I am however bummed with how slow this second half of the season is. Im sorry but character development is made for season 1, especially for the main characters.

I too have thought about the gas and have yelled at the TV numerous times that they should not be driving anymore. There are things each episode that would not be accurate if it were real life but they are doing the best they can. I cant imagine trying to get everything exactly correct to appease everyone.

I am happy that they got rid of the governor and moved out of the prison. I was however hoping that they would get back to there roots with kicking zombie butt! All the while new characters come in for a few shows and someone you werent expecting dies. I feel that they may be just setting it up for another setting like Woodbury.

I still love this show and its one of my all time favorites, but they need to fix a few things.

The wife and I have also followed from the beginning love the show. also seems to be drawing out every new show,but what I hate the most is that some times the show runs for 8 mins and then there 10 mins worth of advertisements drives us nuts,the wife has read all of the books that are out, she said that they are better.

Like my son tells me when I pick it apart...dad, it's only a tv show.

Also if you think it's sloooooow now you must not remember the them looking for Sophia...

It's a good show, sure beats reality tv and all that crap.

Thinking about reading the books also.

Paul

I have been wondering when they are going to address the whole nuclear power station melting down thing also.

Oh and how nicely kept some of the yards and fields are.. Overgrowth would be well in effect by now. Its been 4 years LOL

I almost gave up on TWD when they spent half a season on the farm looking for Sophia and accomplishing nothing else...Now they're grinding along in a different way and I don't like it.

Another gripe about the show: if Michonne's "pets" worked so well, why doesn't everyone make some?

I've watched from the beginning. Watch it every Sunday. Love it. However the last few weeks have really been drawn out. Getting kinda tired of it. Get to terminus already!

this is exactly why I never decided to watch it
I went through this with prison break
season one was great everything after that sucked

I feel the same about the resident evil series
if we are talking a global epidemic like this at the end of the first season there either needs to be a cure or the last zombie turns of the light
they just cant keep it interesting past that

There's an article on the internet, maybe cracked.com, that talks about how quickly the zombies would decay. It is a rather entertaining article.

I think moving slowly is the point of the series. They focus as much on characters and their interactions as on fighting the undead.

To pick things apart, did nobody at the governor's new camp think it weird that two people mysteriously got killed by zombies right after he showed up? Did nobody think it was odd to just drive into a place with a tank and destroy the zombie defenses? What were they thinking?

I like the show as well. My wife have watched it from day one. I will say that I am not as addicted to it as I was with Breaking Bad but its good nevertheless.

I like Daryl's character quite a bit. He is pretty much the only consistent dude in the show. Rick annoys the hell out of me. It appeasr as though his testicles were removed a long time ago. His son has bigger cojones than him!

I'll keep watching of course but this new 'Terminus' better be the cat's meow.

Gilligan's Island must've really bugged you.

you are showing your age my friend
I have NEVER seen an episode of the island, not because I choose not to but because it just didn't get aired anymore when I was young ;)

(that being said, if I were stuck on that island with no way of getting of my focus would shift from survival to repopulation)

I dvr it so I can skip the commercials. The show is much better if you binge watch it but its hard to do that now that i'm caught up.

Two things:

A) Ya gotta remember that the show really isn't about zombies, per se. It's about people, and how they might react in a similar situation, be it zombie apocalypse or some other major catastrophe. It's more about character studies and how people react, interact, and adjust to adversity than action-packed stories. I think the easiest way to learn about a character is to watch them in their "down time". During the action, people are pretty much the same.

B) More importantly, the show has a VERY low budget, at least, relative to most other forms of entertainment. Faster storyline would almost always equal more $$$. How much more would you willing to pay to watch WD?

Reality shows are a lot cheaper to make. We're lucky they aren't our only option these days. (Personally, I'd spend a lot more time in the garage if that were the case.)

I get it about the gasoline, though. I don't think the writers are "car guys". I also assume none of the survivors wear contacts or used a CPAP like me, either, or they'd be dead by now. ;)

It's not my favorite show, but I look forward to it. My wife is a frickin' Walking Dead NUT, though.

The compendium is back to back action and it's really a comic book...

The characters in the show are completely very different than how they built up originally. Daryl was a just for TV character that Kirkman might add into the series because of his popularity on the TV show.

The last issue was insane, in fact the whole arch for the last year was insane! the governor was nothing compared to Negan!!!
lol

Oh and how nicely kept some of the yards and fields are.. Overgrowth would be well in effect by now. Its been 4 years LOL
I think it's supposed to be about two years time passed now since the beginning (definitely less than the time the show's actually been on).
And I noticed last week that some lawns are finally starting to grow out lol.
as far as the gas goes, my Scamp sat for a full 4 years after I bought my Stealth, and it fired right up after all that time. So on TV they can go forever :D.

p.s. does everyone watch Talking Dead too? -last weeks episode was great...for legs anyways;)

I think it's supposed to be about two years time passed now since the beginning (definitely less than the time the show's actually been on).
And I noticed last week that some lawns are finally starting to grow out lol.
as far as the gas goes, my Scamp sat for a full 4 years after I bought my Stealth, and it fired right up after all that time. So on TV they can go forever :D.

p.s. does everyone watch Talking Dead too? -last weeks episode was great...for legs anyways;)

I watch talking dead, looooong legs. I also wonder when Ricks son is going to get tired of bailing Rick out of trouble. I've watched from the beginning.
it is dragging right now but I think things are going to start to move.
I think they will all make their way to the sanctuary .

-
Back