wallnut trees

-

forced 340

Reaction score
hey fella's! i have a GIANT wallnut tree i need removed along with a very GIANT maple. i was told that i could put an ad out to get my wallnut tree removed for a discount or for free??? i guess its an expensive wood and some furniture stores would pay to take it down if they could have the wood? have anyone ever heard of this? or does anyone have any suggestions? thanks a lot fella's!!:usa2:

Black walnut is our most valueable hardwood in MI. If its a yard tree in a congested area it might be harder to sell but you should be able to get it removed possibly for free. Some criteria would be how large in diameter is the tree and how tall and straight is the trunk before the limbs start. If you call Johnson Lumber in Charlotte MI they might give you some leads or even buy the tree (517-543-2727). Buyers will shy away from yard trees because they usually have nails or screws embedded which can ruin a very expensive carbide tipped saw mill blade. Dan

think walnut gunstocks.....

even if it is not straight, Maple burlwood is very expensive, for fir here in the Northwest, you want them straight because they are cutting building lumber, Maple is usually cut into shorter pieces for furniture, gun stocks, etc...

The maple tree is worthless, if the walnut tree is big enough, you might get a tree removal company to take them both down for the value of the walnut log, like 75 sport said yard trees are full of nails over the years. good luck, call a few companies.....

My brother thought the same thing he wanted someone to cut down 4 of his old oaks that he has, call a couple of tree removers, they all said the same thing theres nails in them tree's. plus they wanted to charge him to remove them and want to keep the wood as well.l there still there standing good luck

thanks a lot fella's! i looked at the wallnut last night and didnt see any nails... im going to call a few places to see what they say!

well i put an ad in craigslist for "free walnut and maple trees" and someone with a logging company is coming to look at them tonight. he sounded very interested in them, so hopefully they will be gone before the weekend!

well the guy from craigslist is gonna take them both down for free!!

I have a friend in PA. that has 6 huge Black Walnut trees in his yard. He got a knock on the door and he was offered ( $10 Grand ) per tree. He turned it down. His mom planted them back in the 40's. Besides that he doesn't need the cash.
I would try and sell them out right. They are worth some big bucks.
Just tell the guy thats comming over to remove them the you was advised to sell them. He's going to get some bucks out of the deal. You should also.
The extra cash can help out on car parts etc.

-
Back