WALMART Moves plant BACK to USA

-
well its not hard to believe... with the cost of shipping its become cheaper to build here again

I for one would love to see American made stuff again. I bought a pair of hikers in the spring for 60 bucks and they lasted about 50 times of wearing them. I didn't get them from Walmart but another local chain.

I'ts a "step" in the right direction, pun intended, LOL

its about time .....Americans wrote the book on quality and built the best cars on the planet among other stuff so what happened ....lets bring it back.

Yeah, I remember when "Made in USA" meant quality.

Finally......the pendulum is starting to swing the other way! I think the gradual shipping of jobs overseas has devastated us Americans.

I think company's may be getting it. If Americans are not working then there isn't money to buy their products. Hopefully we will see a lot more of this. :cheers:

Good on them.

Wal-Mart is still the devil, but I think someone up in PR, or maybe up in asset management has their head on square on their shoulders.

They were the first people offering relief after Katrina hit.

I just spent some cash on a pair of 100% US made Red Wings. Best boots I've had since UK made Docs, for work.

This is nice.

I'm wondering if an unseen change in the economy will come from the cost of fuel going up, in the future?

Silver lining to two dark clouds.

Good for them. This IS great news!

BTW, it isn't just Walmart that hasn't had U.S. made shoes. JUST TRY to buy a pair of athletic/tennis/cross-training shoes (sneekers?) that are made in the U.S. ALL made in China, no matter the "big name" brand.

-
Back