Want Pictures: 273 w/ 90-degree Oil Filter Adapter

-

stop the beast

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone have a picture of a 273 with a 90-oil filter adapter installed? I'm having a friend build dual 2.25 exhaust from the exhaust manifolds back and he can fit it in there but the down pipe from the exhaust manfiold to the x-pipe is going to be very close to the oil filter.

I don't want to heat up the oil and I'm wondering if the 90 adapter will give better clearance.

Or, how does TTI fit 2.5" exhaust in there, anyone have a picture of passenger side in an early A w/ a 273?

Thanks.

Duals were no problem, on mine with the 90 degree adapter.

ce44.jpg

The nice thing about the adapter is you can clock it in any position for clearance

The nice thing about the adapter is you can clock it in any position for clearance

That's perfect, based on the image of the adapter I found that's what I assumed.

I really appreciate the picture and feedback.

Out of a 67 Dart. Not what you asked for, but I had to show how disgusting it was to someone.

Attachments

• MVC-925F.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 410
Same set up on my '66 barracuda. Have stock exhaust manifolds with 2 1/4 duel exhaust but no H pipe or crossover. I'm running the 90 degree oil filter, everything fits fine

here's the best photo i have off hand of the set up
CudaengineRside.jpg

the filter is hiding back there, trust me!

CoolTom, that looks better, and wetter than the six I bought, I thought it was painted black until I scratched it and saw a dull red under it. It was caked, but inside was nice.

From what I can tell, someone started pulling the engine part, and then changed their mind and sort of tightened the bolts again. Then they sold it to me, and my friend attempted to drive it 1000 miles or so. He made it to about 100 miles from here.

Heres the only picture I have of the exhaust coming through by the 90 degree filter adapter. I'm running Spitfire headers and 2.25" exhaust, and its a tight fit, but it makes it through there. The drivers side was even tighter, but again it fits!! Hope this helps, Geof

Attachments

• 100_1378.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 373
  • 100_1379.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 373
Those Dougs look awesome!!!g

Yeah those Doug's are nice, eventually I'm going to have to figure out how to cram a pair of headers into my car...power steering needs to go, hopefully I can keep the column shift.

Great pics! I now have 90-degree adapter on the way from Canada.

LOL, when I got the car back from my exhaust fabricator I found it already had a 90-adapter installed! We didn't put it there. It makes sense, I was wondering how he fit that 2.25" in there otherwise. It's painted the same color as my engine block so I assume someone else installed it over the years. The 90-adapter wasn't a factory option was it?

LOL, when I got the car back from my exhaust fabricator I found it already had a 90-adapter installed! We didn't put it there. It makes sense, I was wondering how he fit that 2.25" in there otherwise. It's painted the same color as my engine block so I assume someone else installed it over the years. The 90-adapter wasn't a factory option was it?

it came factory on most small blocks in cars.

LOL, ...The 90-adapter wasn't a factory option was it?

They came on all "A" body small block from 64 thru 71. I'm not sure when they stopped, but have had and worked on many during "the day".
The new filter system started in 1972 according to the Chrysler racing manual.

There are more than one angle aapter too. The original from a 273 keeps the filter parallel with the block. There are other adapters that move the base of the filter away from the block at an angle.

-
Back